• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled wraps, why so busy?

W

WCW

Fine detailing

When image counts.
Professional designs for the art connoisseur.

NEONHIVE.jpg

SPITFIRE2.jpg

GOTBOOST.jpg

CHICKSKULLZ.jpg

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Here is mine I just completed. If Darth Vader rode a sled, this would be the one.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
This is how I did my turbo pro, its sold now but had a lot of compliments on it

this was my carbon fiber edge chassis

Its like art, to each his own, but I do also wish the graphics guys would do simple accent stripes, panels ect along with the crazy stuff

W

WCW

Blood and gore can be fun some times, however, there are a variety of other tasteful subject matters which may appeal to different people in different ways for various reasons in different social settings.
Personally, I feel there should be some logic in a design whereby creating something 'lasting' and 'memorable' to look at. Depending on the venue, how you dress is sometimes how you will be accepted in the community and/or jostle for position among the ranks.
Ride hard and look your best!

CH1.jpg

CH2.jpg

CH4.jpg

s_1711.jpg

s_1710.jpg

W

WCW

My question to those who have "wild" wraps done, How are you going to react when the dealer decreased the value of in come trade in time?

Not sure how you define 'wild', however, from my position, if it's a plaid pattern that belongs on a kilt, or a mix match of odd shapes with clashing colors with no rhyme or reason, I understand.

Many are not artists and lack passion and/or patience. That's what I'm seeing. As a professional, I see many unintelligible designs out there that probably take an hour to literally 'slap' together, and I'll be blunt, they are damn ugly and I wouldn't give them a second look. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings out there, but sometimes hearing truth hurts, no doubt.
So if it was Grandma who said it looks nice, then it must be? Lol
I take hours, sometimes days to get a scene together, and the final edition is crisp, sharp, without blurriness or the jaggies. That also takes a few hours and is what I dubbed 'buffing' for lack of better expression.
Back in years past, I would do all by air brush. That could take 2 to 6 weeks at times. And if there ever was need for a touch up, it was a nightmare compared to the ease and costs of simply replacing a printed panel. That is one of the many reasons for it's popularity.

Also from my experience, the machines are valued (upon trade in or other) by their working/running condition for the most part (hrs), so esthetics are a moot point unless there is visible (physical) damages or neglect. Even so, it's the mechanics of the drive system which are valued most. Same would be considered for salvage.

Alexhack is right; most quality medias are easily removable with heat, just like the OEM decals. Only bad thing I have ever come across is the crusty mess left behind by using dirt bike type media which has an extremely aggressive adhesive on the back (near permanent), and the fact that it doesn't like curved areas (X&Y) and that is where dirt and grime tend to collect under the lifting/curling shrinking edges. Thickest isn't always bestest ;)

Personally, I have had people make a sale on their sled based on the graphics/esthetics. Have had many. I know this for fact as over the years, people have called for replacements or to add on to their per-owned sleds.
Being called in from a dealerships to dress up machines for their customers and/or open house events is a good sign.

Hope this helps clarify some important concerns :)

Last edited:
Premium Features