• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled wraps, why so busy?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
emysu6ep.jpg

u3esu9yr.jpg

e7ebaqyj.jpg

hehuzyte.jpg

6ume3u6y.jpg

Hands down, the BEST looking Polaris I have ever seen.

Nice job sir!

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
There are some cool wraps on here and some pretty flashy ones at that. They look cool and definitely stand out on camera as well. But they are just not for me.
With that said I did just the flat black on the tunnel and then did some sticker removal on the rest of the sled. Along with some painting of the shock springs, spindles, rear bumper mounts and the skid suspension parts, and gauge lifter. Mine is unique to me and I like it better than any wrap I have seen. But I might be a little biased as it is my sled. :)

This is the stock PRO (how mine looked when I got it)
I forgot to take any good pictures before I started the makeover.

hazumesy.jpg

egytedev.jpg

After the paining, tunnel wrap and sticker removal.

emysu6ep.jpg

u3esu9yr.jpg

e7ebaqyj.jpg

hehuzyte.jpg

6ume3u6y.jpg

VERY NICE!

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
So the next thing I want to do is paint the boards but I think I have hit the limit on my budget for this year. I did a little photoshop of what it would look like if/when I powder coat them and fill in all the little holes on the tunnel. It would be awesome.

3utema3y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Why has no one mentioned the obvious???

Busy patterns hide wrinkles, dents, blood stains, sun fading and dirt.

Busy serves a purpose.

All the flourescent colors however just mean you're an equal opportunity sledder who has a very different set of models on the calendar in the garage. Maybe something with a fireman theme (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Some of this shlt even makes eddy van halen laugh his *** off while wearing a vision street wear shirt. And that dude used to walk out in public in spandex britches.

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
There are some cool wraps on here and some pretty flashy ones at that. They look cool and definitely stand out on camera as well. But they are just not for me.
With that said I did just the flat black on the tunnel and then did some sticker removal on the rest of the sled. Along with some painting of the shock springs, spindles, rear bumper mounts and the skid suspension parts, and gauge lifter. Mine is unique to me and I like it better than any wrap I have seen. But I might be a little biased as it is my sled. :)

This is the stock PRO (how mine looked when I got it)
I forgot to take any good pictures before I started the makeover.

hazumesy.jpg

egytedev.jpg

After the paining, tunnel wrap and sticker removal.

emysu6ep.jpg

u3esu9yr.jpg

e7ebaqyj.jpg

hehuzyte.jpg

6ume3u6y.jpg

Very nice looking sled! Like a post above mentioned, less is more. Couldn't agree more in this case!

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Everyone is just trying to get their money worth. Who wants to pay $400 to have a sled that doesn't look much different than stock?

The more busy it is the better deal you got. You know just use that new math.

And of course you can do simple stuff for less than $400.

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
I love mine done by LimeNine.. Sorry but i cant figure out how to make it larger?

sled wrap.jpg

Last edited:

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
I absolutely love and appreciate well done, simple paint schemes/graphics. I might do another all black sled, or polish a tunnel again, but I've had a plain old green Cat, a totally black Cat, a plain orange Cat, an all black and polished Polaris, then I started getting bored. Went to a sliver and blue Red Bull themed set up. Bought a '13 LE. Really liked the LE blue, rode that for a couple trips......got bored.......and then I realized I've never seen one like this, and you know what, I absolutely love it and it's mine, so, if you don't like it, go ahead and tell me if you see me, I won't be offended, but remember, I might not like how your sled looks. It's my opinion, and that's one thing I AM entitled to have to myself.

13rmk3.jpg

M

MPS

for those of us who lived through the eighties, compared to those who weren't even a swimming sperm in their dads testicals, 80's colors sucked!

but to each's own....most of the bright colored sleds in my opinion are Fugly!.

That was my exact thought when I saw McFarckle's and TuDizzle's sleds! Those sleds must have fallen into the hot tub time machine! bwhahahaha

They need to create a line of snow clothes to go along with those sleds.

80s-fashion-trends2.jpg

Great looking sled Yamadoo.

I am getting a partial wrap made. It is simple. The theme is AR-15's and some semi auto pistols.

I can hook people up if interested. The person making mine is in law school, but does this on the side.

Besides I don't understand spending tons on a wrap. I ride hard, trees limbs are always scraping across my sled.

Last edited:
T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA
I don't mind the loud color schemes, I think a wrap can show your personality. Like said above a well designed wrap is a work of art in my mind

My sled is not done I have some powder coating to do still, but I personally think that my Arctic FX wrap sets my sled off and makes it pop plus stock graphics are boring....

Instaskin.jpg Instaskin2.jpg

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
There was a skidoo 4stroke turbo that looked like it was made of leggos with neon colors and stuff. it actually looked really cool in my opinion. Honestly I like big bright colors, looks better than the dull factory ones(besides matte black which looks awesome too)

Premium Features