• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo pDrive iBackshift how TRA ramps work Pt.3

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
In this vidya, I give you a shortcut to what the angles of ramps can do for you, your situation. I did much of the trial and error for you to figure out what the curves and angles can do to the conduct of your clutch tune based on your application. The following videos are a model to help you prepare mentally for what you are going to experiment with in clutch tuning. Now you go take action and try different clutch ramps to gain the skills on "reading clutch ramps".

I had to go here with the TRA first so that you can see the pDrive works on the same principles and tear down the b.s. that because they are different clutches, that one is harder to tune than the other. Does not matter if its a golf cart cvt...same sh|t, different brand.
thanks

click "full screen"

B
Feb 18, 2009
I've bought a couple TRA clutch kits from you and they worked good. I know you are a smart guy and that is why I just can't understand why you are not selling a ramp/weight yet the loads up the extra weight in the center and tip...

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I've bought a couple TRA clutch kits from you and they worked good. I know you are a smart guy and that is why I just can't understand why you are not selling a ramp/weight yet the loads up the extra weight in the center and tip...
  • I know you are a smart guy
  • and [ this is the dis-connector from the above point ]
  • I just can't understand why you are not selling a ramp/weight yet the loads up the extra weight in the center and tip...
Therefore…
  • Tuners who don’t use adjustable weights are not smart.
  • Tuners who use adjustable weights are smart
….that’s what I conclude from your paragraph. :)

What rule says that I have to make/sell an adjustable ramp? Did someone tell you that or is this of your own knowledge?

My objective since the beginning (years ago) is to use as little parts as possible, keeping stock as possible. This includes not using or making ramps outside of what comes equipped in the clutch unless there’s something offensive enough that requires a ramp change.

A knee jerk reaction to run out and make ramps outside of the scope of BRP is inferring, BRP clutch settings are insufficient…..that’s just BS marketing. [ problem, cause, solution ]
  • Fabricate a fictional problem
  • [dont (can't) explain and or prove what the cause is]
  • Provide solution with clever phrases

Why should I make an adjustable ramp when the new platform of sled has not seen snow yet and dont know what any of their ramps work like; this is “putting the cart-before-horse”.
I assume BRP did a competent job calibrating their sleds and rightfully so; they do good work.

I contend for the mastery of my kits by exercising self-restraint; staying stock as possible. This forces me to learn more with the parts at hand.

Question; if you buy a kit off of me, do you want to fiddle-fu(k with it?
My customers want the work done for them so they can drop-it-in-and-drive. Put the kit in, adjust the flyweight for their own situation, set the clicker….have a nice life. See you again on the next kit.

So you bought kits before and now what’s holding you back is I don’t offer adjustable arms? Ok….then go buy what the smart guys offer. I dont know what else to say Buddy.
Thanks
Joey

Last edited:
Premium Features