• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shhh don't tell anyone...

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
Chadly where are you getting your info/measurements from? You are saying the tunnel on the 155 is only POINT 3 of an inch shorter than a 163? That doesn’t sound right at all. I was thinking 3-4 inches? Same with the doo. Can you measure the tunnel length on both sleds from a fixed point that is the same on both sleds?

His measurements are in Tenths of a foot.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
Both my 840s are identical set ups minus the tunnel length. One is a 155 and one is a 163. The 55 has a .3' shorter tunnel. That's all I was saying and telling people it's probably not worth the cash to turn a 55 into a 63. And yes I think the Doo Expert is over priced and feel bad for the guys who paid the extra to get one. The Doo 54 has a .4' shorter tunnel than the Doo 65. I paid 14,300 OTD for my Doo 65 and I have heard the expert has been going for over 17,000. Not worth the .4'if you ask me. There you go for useful information. What are you even doing in this thread? Shouldn't you be giving bad advice over in the Doo turbo section???

That’s nice you don’t think it’s worth doing.

Shouldn’t you reserve that judgment until you actually ride the sleds?

Otherwise it’s just babbling..........

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Chadly where are you getting your info/measurements from? You are saying the tunnel on the 155 is only POINT 3 of an inch shorter than a 163? That doesn’t sound right at all. I was thinking 3-4 inches? Same with the doo. Can you measure the tunnel length on both sleds from a fixed point that is the same on both sleds?

From the 100k worth of junk sitting in my shop ?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I just measured a 163 and 155 tunnel. 163 is ~3" longer then 155. So... take that for what its worth. Lot more then 3 tenths.

Couple the 163/155 build with a shorter taller bumper like BM fab and you end up with a huge reduction in drag.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: rulonjj
C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
That tape measure makes my dyslexia apparent to me, which as a millennial, I must say that I'm now offended. ❄ That mess mixed in with this expert skidoo talk baffles me. Judging by the fact this is the polaris forum, I thought we were all in agreement, that any skidoo purchase is silly! In a vote for theater-leader while playing nickelback "greatest hits" kind of way, ?+☻×TWO TIMES=■¿ ??‍♂️ dang commies...

I expect better, harder hitting meterial out of a 100k shop, or at the very least a consecutive, proper, tape measure!

• Sad
Reactions: Tewstroke

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
It’s .3 FEET lol. Never seen anyone measure something like that. Ditch digger math. So it is 3.5” shorter tunnel on the POO 155 against a 163. I want the portion of my life back that was stolen by this thread.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
ironic thing is Buradnt made a video about shortening tunnels and starts a big craze, and Polaris is the last to actually make a short tunnel.
carry on

Reactions: JACKAL

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Tenths are used in excavation. One Tenth of a foot is 1.2" so 3 tenths is 3.6" .. Metal fab is right.
And big wheels cause big Damage in my experience. BUT!! .. a big wheel offset turned backwards and Assault/Khoas Rail length will put a 163 on any 155 for minimal expense. But I'm not buying a Skidonky to compare so I leave it to the "Experts"

Might not work but we ran 151s on 144s for years like that . With Triples too !! We was modders !!!

Last edited:
Premium Features