• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shhh don't tell anyone...

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I just angled my bumper up, "picture above" and it made my sled 4" shorter. Rear bumper and end of the track are plum. And its a 163 tunnel, with a camso 162 track.

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I speak Chadly, let me interpret. He is using the tape just as a reference for the back of the track. He says the 155 length tunnel is only 3.5” shorter than a 163 AND since he spent big money on rails and a track and thinks its a waste he is trying to make guys that bought Experts seem dumber than him.
Discuss...

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I was just showing the difference of over hang. The blue sled is stock 163 and the green is a 155 with 163 rails/track. It's not much different. I still have yet to ride it to see if it's noticeable.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
So your telling me going from a 155-163, an eight inch track length (4 inhces of rail length) and from a 7.25 to 8" rear wheel (approx half inch of track reduction) resulted in a total gain of only 3.5"?? Say it aint so!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
So your telling me going from a 155-163, an eight inch track length (4 inhces of rail length) and from a 7.25 to 8" rear wheel (approx half inch of track reduction) resulted in a total gain of only 3.5"?? Say it aint so!
Polaris isn't that simple.
155 is either a 154.4 or 156.
163 is either a 162 or 163....

Sent it

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Im very aware of that, also driver diameter changes based on pitch. Point being, at no point is going from a "155" to a "163" a big change in OAL of skid.

Just chadly getting bored trolling the doo section and coming here to post poorly constructed thoughts and whine about very simple to understand change in lengths.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Im very aware of that, also driver diameter changes based on pitch. Point being, at no point is going from a "155" to a "163" a big change in OAL of skid.

Just chadly getting bored trolling the doo section and coming here to post poorly constructed thoughts and whine about very simple to understand change in lengths.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You're an idiot. I am talking about the tunnel. The tunnel is about 3 tenths shorter. I could careless about the track. Drag is drag on the tunnel.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
You're an idiot. I am talking about the tunnel. The tunnel is about 3 tenths shorter. I could careless about the track. Drag is drag on the tunnel.
Your not talking about anything, your posting random photos with a tape sorta leaned up by the sled with no explenation, not common reference points. Shorter in OAL of tunnel or ride height? I see the lime squeeze sled has burandt air shocks which would play into reight height if thats what your attempting to show.

If you care to make a point of provide information I'm all about it. But this post is a long way from useful information. The only thing you did manage to get a full thought out on was bashing people who bought expert model ski-doo's. This also has no bearing on this build as aside from shared concept.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Your not talking about anything, your posting random photos with a tape sorta leaned up by the sled with no explenation, not common reference points. Shorter in OAL of tunnel or ride height? I see the lime squeeze sled has burandt air shocks which would play into reight height if thats what your attempting to show.

If you care to make a point of provide information I'm all about it. But this post is a long way from useful information. The only thing you did manage to get a full thought out on was bashing people who bought expert model ski-doo's. This also has no bearing on this build as aside from shared concept.

Both my 840s are identical set ups minus the tunnel length. One is a 155 and one is a 163. The 55 has a .3' shorter tunnel. That's all I was saying and telling people it's probably not worth the cash to turn a 55 into a 63. And yes I think the Doo Expert is over priced and feel bad for the guys who paid the extra to get one. The Doo 54 has a .4' shorter tunnel than the Doo 65. I paid 14,300 OTD for my Doo 65 and I have heard the expert has been going for over 17,000. Not worth the .4'if you ask me. There you go for useful information. What are you even doing in this thread? Shouldn't you be giving bad advice over in the Doo turbo section???

U
Feb 3, 2019
Both my 840s are identical set ups minus the tunnel length. One is a 155 and one is a 163. The 55 has a .3' shorter tunnel. That's all I was saying and telling people it's probably not worth the cash to turn a 55 into a 63. And yes I think the Doo Expert is over priced and feel bad for the guys who paid the extra to get one. The Doo 54 has a .4' shorter tunnel than the Doo 65. I paid 14,300 OTD for my Doo 65 and I have heard the expert has been going for over 17,000. Not worth the .4'if you ask me. There you go for useful information. What are you even doing in this thread? Shouldn't you be giving bad advice over in the Doo turbo section???
I paid $300 more for my expert then you did so how am I over paying. If yours isn’t the expert then it looks like maybe you should’ve spent $300 more and got the expert

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Chadly where are you getting your info/measurements from? You are saying the tunnel on the 155 is only POINT 3 of an inch shorter than a 163? That doesn’t sound right at all. I was thinking 3-4 inches? Same with the doo. Can you measure the tunnel length on both sleds from a fixed point that is the same on both sleds?

Premium Features