• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rt 1000 in xp

anyone put a rt 1000 motor in an xp chassie. love the power of it, not so much the weight, wondering if anyone has done it. i think it would be an awesome sled. and if anyone knows, could you point me in the right direction,

I had an RT, and once you get the issues worked out that motor is a torque monster! I wouldn't think it would fit in the XP though. If you get it done I'd love to hear the results!

SOMEONE has! I think it was on Doo talk a while ago, they had it wedged in a MXZ xp chassis. Someone had the thread on here once, it was a while ago, want to say something like last year.

clutching

DJ, will definately need your clutching expertise on this if it happens, hopefully it is possible. i thouht i had heard about it. im very impressed with rt power, it just needs xp weight. rt power will be really nice once my BD n2o system gets here :D

anyone put a rt 1000 motor in an xp chassie. love the power of it, not so much the weight, wondering if anyone has done it. i think it would be an awesome sled. and if anyone knows, could you point me in the right direction,
i am not much of a nay sayer, i have seen pictures of one, the main issue is the size of the bottom end is a BIT wider and just overall larger then the 800 so getting it into the bulkhead will be an issue.

wait till you ride the RT in the pow, the weight goes away pretty quick..

i think for what it would run you to build, you could drop some pounds on it with lightweight suspension and all and end up with a more practical sled with a much better weight.

I think it IS possible. Some of the other motor combos, you will probably have to disassemble the pyramid to get the motor in/out.

Why would you do this?? Do a 860 , with pipes if need be and have spent 3000.00 and prob have almost the same hp ,40 lbs less and still be sane once you were done.:D

860 hp vs 1000 hp

the 860 claims 172 hp at best, real world horspower no 860 has dynoed over 165. cant remember the guys name, but he dynoed all of the 860s, 165 is still a lot of hp, but im guessing my rt is more like 190 being that everyone who has 07 remap, high alt heads and thing can, dynos around 189-191. also i have a BD n2o system on its way. so no 860 will be even close. and as far as much money goes in, i dont have even 4 grand into rt. so i am thinking i could put it in a xp chassis for less than the cost of a brand new sled.

so no 860 will be even close.

I disagree with this statement.:beer; Raise the compression in the 860, run race fuel, jaws twins, nos, similar mods as your RT, then dyno both. You might be surprised. And like Insane said you still have your sanity in the end. Or just put a turbo on a 800 and be done with it. JM2C

Last edited:
I disagree with this statement. Raise the compression in the 860, run race fuel, jaws twins, nos, similar mods as your RT, then dyno both. You might be surprised. And like Insane said you still have your sanity in the end. Or just put a turbo on a 800 and be done with it. JM2C

well, all thats great, but i would have to buy an xp$$$$, then spend 2000$ on BB, then aounr $600 on twins then race fuel ( 8$ a gallon), high comp head $400. and most likely need clutch set up $400. i would absolutely love this set up. im 18 and in college. funds are limited. like i said i dont even have 4 grand into my rt. and its around 190 hp off the button and 230-240 hp on the button, still running 91 octane ($2.80 a gallon) . and turboing an 800 would be sweet too. except that just the turbo set up would exceed the cost of my rt lol. im just trying to make the most of what i have. and if i could pick up a roller XP fairly cheap. put RT motor in there and sell the RT chassis. i think it would be a sweet NA mountain sled on a fairly tight budget.

i just want to know if an RT motor will fit in the xp

I'm all for making the most out of what you have, but what is done to your 1000 to get 190hp?

like said above, high altitude heads, 07 remap, and thing can. i havent had it on dyno but have been told by several people who ran same mods have around 189-191 hp. so im guessing :o

Weight

I think this would would be a pretty cool project, but i dont think your going to loose much weight. I to have been working on an RT mod over the past couple years, and i dont think its the chassis thats that heavy over the Xp chassis, maybe a little but not much. The weight is tied up in the RT engine and in the RT electronics. I currently have a bikeman 1100 topend on mine with crank shop twins. The great thing about the RT chassis is you can fit a 3" track with eight tooth 3 pitch drivers. (same diameter as 9 tooth 2.52 drivers) If i did it all again the first thing i would do is the track it makes a huge differance in how the sled handles. If you go on doo talk also there is some guys with RT's with light weighted skids that claim they are close two 500 pounds. If i were you i would keep your RT chassis put the big 3" under her and drop all the weight you can off of it. The first 30 pounds comes really cheap.

like said above, high altitude heads, 07 remap, and thing can. i havent had it on dyno but have been told by several people who ran same mods have around 189-191 hp. so im guessing :o

IMHO I don't think you are even close to 190hp, more like 175ish hp maybe. The stock 1000 were at 170hp and this is what Ski-doo says (Manufacturers are almost always too high with thier hp claims), I dont think your going to gain 20+hp with a head and can.

All in all you would be better off keeping the RT chassis, and trying to lighten it up and going with the track option like 1100 said.:beer;

Last edited:
I would tend to agree with crffred on the power . I have basically the same setup with porting and Boondocker box, thing can. The end result is 190hp on a stingy dyno.

3 inch track

are you running a 162 inch track or 174? and did the 1100 BB hold true to the 215 hp its supposed to put out? and what elevations do you ride at cuz i am told twins no likey elevation

Premium Features

Back