• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rpm loss on long clime

B
Nov 26, 2007
hello riders i have 04 vertical escape 800 when i pull a realy long clime i lose about 200 rpm near the top of clime not shure if its a temp or knock sencer problem i changed knock sencer and thermostat

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Might want to start with a secondary spring if you have not changed it since last year, they tend to get weak and will not backshift.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
hello riders i have 04 vertical escape 800 when i pull a realy long clime i lose about 200 rpm near the top of clime not shure if its a temp or knock sencer problem i changed knock sencer and thermostat

You would lose ALOT more rpm than that is either of these sensors kicked in on you. Start with what was suggested and try a new secondary spring. I assume this is a sled that you owned and rode last year and it did not do this then? If the sled is new to you, it may not be clutched quit right either.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
200 RPM that should not be the sencer, like said above you would lose why more than that. Sounds more like a spring in one or the other clutchs, maybe even something as simple as your clutches being out of line. Or even a bad belt.

Premium Features