• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rotax tripple in xp

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
I have visited the dmax website before and seen those pics, the sled looks awesome. The thing I don't like is the welded cases, I feel thats a weak point just waiting to give a guy all kinds of trouble. I wonder how much it would cost if a few guys got together and had a CNC machine shop punch out 10 sets of cases. I don't know if it's that easy but it would make the whole thing a lot more appealing to me personally.

Just my 2 cents.

I have visited the dmax website before and seen those pics, the sled looks awesome. The thing I don't like is the welded cases, I feel thats a weak point just waiting to give a guy all kinds of trouble. I wonder how much it would cost if a few guys got together and had a CNC machine shop punch out 10 sets of cases. I don't know if it's that easy but it would make the whole thing a lot more appealing to me personally.

Just my 2 cents.

That would be very expensive, and very difficult to do. If you have a welder who knows what he's doing, the welds are just as strong as the base material. Put a torque plate on the bottom, and a one piece head and you're stronger than stock. We've made a couple 1500's out of Cat 900's and never had a problem with the cases. Those cases are probably easier than the cat ones too, as they don't have the reed cage to mess with.

20838.jpg

20737.jpg

20497.jpg

Far from a XP chassis.

shannon from stojans in sexsmith alberta's sleds....tripple is a 1200 he built, the orange rev has a 800 done to the 9's.

So does that thing have the new Team Tied clutch on it. They were advertising real similar asphalt drag times as you said you were pulling. Stating that it broke the record for a sled.

So does that thing have the new Team Tied clutch on it. They were advertising real similar asphalt drag times as you said you were pulling. Stating that it broke the record for a sled.

The prostock E.T. record I believe is 8.239
And the mph record is 156.88
I am almost positive they were done with a cat secondary.
If Team wanted to send me a couple of their new clutches I would give them a try.

Search for that thread. Just punch in Team Tied. It was made just a week or two ago. Maybe they would like you to set a new record! I'm sure they have contact info on that thread. I wouldn't mind trying one, they are only $4/500 I think.

Premium Features

Back