• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reeds in a Skidoo sdi

R

revsum8

Dec 2, 2007
I need something to give my sled a little more power. My sled is a 2007 skidoo summit 600 sdi. I want to put v force reeds in it but i dont know how that would work with the sdi. Has anyone put different reeds in a sdi before? Does it work? Any suggestions of comments would help!! Thanks

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I can't specifically comment on the 6 SDI but on a 1000 SDI, I didn't really notice much difference with the v-force. Some have claimed that there are beneficial mid range gains with the boyseens on the 1000, while others claimed no gains. Since this is based on a 1000, I don't know if this data helps you or not.

I would talk to BigJohn and get his advice.

Aren't the STOCK SDI H.O. reeds almost identicle to the V-force reeds? I know they are on the 800's.

If you have issues with reeds, it's going to be from the boot delaminating away from the metal reed cage itself, causing a lean condition, and burning the sled down.

solution-Boyesen reeds, all aluminum cages that use a rubber boot that connects the TB's to the cage itself, no more delamination!

R

revsum8

Dec 2, 2007
Thanks for the help! ok so maybe i should do something different than reeds. Maybe a different Y pipe??? Basically is what i want more of is more get up and go of the start. Any suggestions are aprreciated Thanks

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Aren't the STOCK SDI H.O. reeds almost identicle to the V-force reeds? I know they are on the 800's.

If you have issues with reeds, it's going to be from the boot delaminating away from the metal reed cage itself, causing a lean condition, and burning the sled down.

solution-Boyesen reeds, all aluminum cages that use a rubber boot that connects the TB's to the cage itself, no more delamination!

The delam issue that has plagued the 8's doesn't seem to be an issue on the 1000's at least the ones I had. On the SDI, fuel is not going through the reeds only air.

As far as the boyseens go, I've had trouble in the past with the rubber reed-carb adapters cracking. Boyseen had updated these but had to be purchased seperately. Of course this was a few years back, so maybe they sell the reeds with better adapters nowadays. The better rubber adapters came with a different style hose clamp than the older, problem style. If they don't come with with the wormless type of hose clamps, then ask for the better non-worm hose clamp style. They have a thicker-rubber and seem to not have cracking issues.

Of course, excessive alcohol content in the fuel can cause premature cracking of any rubber product.

Thanks for the help! ok so maybe i should do something different than reeds. Maybe a different Y pipe??? Basically is what i want more of is more get up and go of the start. Any suggestions are aprreciated Thanks

I would call BigJohn at Sledhead racing. He has quite a few options for your sled. I've seen a couple of his clutch set-ups on stockers out perform identical sleds with bigbores. You can have all the power in the world and never be delivered to the ground with worn out/poor clutch set-up. Best bang for your dollar.

Premium Features