• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear Shock Fox Floats 2013 limited pro climb 800

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Or buy a coil over. Never have to worry again. Get better adjustment. Easier tuning. Don't need a pump. Don't have to try to chip off two inches of snow and ice while tipping your sled on its side to access a tiny air valve ..... I'll never have a air skid shock again.

Reactions: 9071000

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I have seen it where the ice scraper seals (only ones visible from the outside of the shock) are tight enough that they hold air. This lets it hold some air pressure between them and the real air chamber seals on the seal head. This puts some force back on the shock to want to collapse itself. Usually this isn't a big deal because after the shock cycles a few times that pressure escapes.

Take your shock off, unscrew the air sleeve and take it off (should be able to do it by hand, but a strap wrench is required in some cases), and cycle the shock by hand. If it moves smoothly and the shaft slowly returns out on its own then the shock is ok. Clean the airsleeve and seals, check for cuts or wear, re-lube them with good suspension grease or the "float fluid" (you can get this from your cat dealer), and put it back together by hand. When you slide the airsleeve back on you will experience this little air pocket that forms between the seals I was talking about earlier. Install the shock and air it up and see what happens.

G
Jan 18, 2012
Just had my rear float rebuilt on my HC... BUT i also just added 40" a arms vs the stock 42" arms...
My rear shock is still sagging like it did before i rebuilt it and i used a heavier oil and still does it... not sure if its that way because my shocks are a little more VERTICLE now... OR front air pressure or what.
But this sagging is for the birds!! been trying to get my buddy to trade shocks out of his M(non snopro) but cant get him to bite the hook lol....
what a friend huh. im 215 6'3 without Gear.. and he is 165 in a wetsuit full of water...
:face-icon-small-ton

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
To me, and this is just my opinion....run the floats saggy. I have 65 in fronts and front skid shock set way soft and back shock 120. I am 160 pounds and this works great for me, and yes it looks like the back is sagging but years of running floats this works best for me and does not bottom out.

B

bacobits

Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, wyo.
Take video of it with your phone when its sagging. Mine was looking collapsed on a ride last year, lift the bumper and it would fall 3 or 4 inches(with 140lbs), we took a video and showed our dealer and they put a new one on under warranty.

Now the new one this year is doing the same thing, sometimes its fine , sometimes its not, POS hate em.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Just had my rear float rebuilt on my HC... BUT i also just added 40" a arms vs the stock 42" arms...
My rear shock is still sagging like it did before i rebuilt it and i used a heavier oil and still does it... not sure if its that way because my shocks are a little more VERTICLE now... OR front air pressure or what.
But this sagging is for the birds!! been trying to get my buddy to trade shocks out of his M(non snopro) but cant get him to bite the hook lol....
what a friend huh. im 215 6'3 without Gear.. and he is 165 in a wetsuit full of water...
:face-icon-small-ton

Heavier oil is not going to help the static sag of the sled. What nitrogen pressure did you charge the shock to?

Reactions: Dam Dave
K

K2

Dec 5, 2011
Anchorage AK
I have seen it where the ice scraper seals (only ones visible from the outside of the shock) are tight enough that they hold air. This lets it hold some air pressure between them and the real air chamber seals on the seal head. This puts some force back on the shock to want to collapse itself. Usually this isn't a big deal because after the shock cycles a few times that pressure escapes.

Take your shock off, unscrew the air sleeve and take it off (should be able to do it by hand, but a strap wrench is required in some cases), and cycle the shock by hand. If it moves smoothly and the shaft slowly returns out on its own then the shock is ok. Clean the airsleeve and seals, check for cuts or wear, re-lube them with good suspension grease or the "float fluid" (you can get this from your cat dealer), and put it back together by hand. When you slide the airsleeve back on you will experience this little air pocket that forms between the seals I was talking about earlier. Install the shock and air it up and see what happens.

please, before un-screwing the airsleeve >> LET THE AIR OUT OF THE SHOCK FIRST << otherwise you'll be hanging onto a small rocket at takeoff
:face-icon-small-sho

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Here is a secondary option; $750.00 gets this kit, Evol chamber installed, serviced and revalve on your rear track shock.
New Float front track replacement shocks should be in stock in a couple of weeks.

Hi Tom - is the front track float longer? If I'm reading your prior posts correctly, yes. But just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

Last edited:

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
Hi Tom - is the front track float longer? If I'm reading your prior posts correctly, yes. But just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

Chewy,

Not on this kit. It is a direct replacement shock for the coil over. Will carry considerably higher finish spring rate then stock, so your bottom resistance will be greater. Valve code will be matched to this.

The complete skid we offer does have a 2.5" longer front track shock.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Chewy,

Not on this kit. It is a direct replacement shock for the coil over. Will carry considerably higher finish spring rate then stock, so your bottom resistance will be greater. Valve code will be matched to this.

The complete skid we offer does have a 2.5" longer front track shock.

Sounds good, thanks for setting me straight.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
My friend has the sagging problem on his M800 sno pro 2012. You can lift the sled and it sags down to the point that the sled looks like there is sitting 2 persons on the sled.
I lifted the sled up, it sags down and stayed there, even when I compress the sled as far as possible with hand force.
Tried to pump up the rear shock and found out that the air valve is faulty. It leaks air fast, but really slows down with the air cap on.
The air valve is getting replaced.

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
That is typically the most problematic area. Multiple factors, including snow, ice affecting it while out in the field, but mostly it is the one area that gets used consistently when filling and or checking air pressure in shocks. It is an inexpensive part to carry as a spare in your toolbox.

Premium Features