• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rabbit ears snow

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Went up yesterday, wind blown, tracked out, hard to find any good deep sections. Wasn't worth it.

Wife and I rode Tuesday also. Yes it was wind blown and tracked up heavily in popular areas from holiday weekend.
Not exactly what we were hoping for, but we did find some decent powder riding.
Ride the less obvious areas, figure which way the wind has been blowing and ride tree lines/sheltered areas.

Better than sitting on the couch:face-icon-small-win

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Anything outta this last storm? Mesa got 20-30", how'd Ears fare?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You are such a local, can i please come hang out with you just to be around your local raddness. Ive never met a real local like you and i feel like a looser compared to how local you are and your massive local knowledge. Thanks for sharing how much of a local you are with the rest of us mear mortals who envy your ultimate localness. Do you think you could show me around the ears sometime. I feel like im from texas compared to your vast local knowledge Please bless us with more of your knowledge before we all destroy our sleds out of pure ignorance of your greatness

Sure thing douchebag (or as you make yourself sound in your other posts). Go back to reading your latest issue of Goat Roper magazine or biting pillows. I guess that's what happens when u eat paint chips as a kid. No one likes you so you play Internet retard.

Last edited:
D
Oct 30, 2017
Anybody have any recent update on conditions? Hoping to get one more ride in this season, thinking of heading to Buff pass area this weekend. Thanks!

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Well that had to be fun! Winter park showing 31.5" last 72 hrs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Garrelts

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2008
Has anyone been up there this week it looks like it got pretty warm wondering what snow conditions were like for one last trip

P
Nov 26, 2007
This time of year the conditions will change from day to day. You'll have to hit it the day after a storm to see conditions like posted above. Almost impossible to predict this time of year.

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
Has anyone been up there this week it looks like it got pretty warm wondering what snow conditions were like for one last trip

There is a good base yet. There is a colder storm coming Thursday night so Fri-Sun should be pretty good .

Last edited:
Premium Features