• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions on a RX-1?

S
Mar 1, 2010
SLC, UT
Hi guys,
Im looking into getting a RX-1 for this season and i was just wondering what if any are the problem areas for this sled? I know its a 4 stroke but should i worry about high miles(3000+) Whats everyone view on these sleds? Do they handle deep pow ok? Do the sink alot cause of there weight? I do a decent amount of hill climbing with alittle boondockin mixed in there. I know there some Yamaha guru's outhere i wanna what ya guys have to say...

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
There is lots of info if you search around on this forum and on TY.

- It would be helpful if you posted more info about the sled you are looking at (year, mods already done, etc.) Ex. There were some updates that were on the 2003s that were standard on the later year models.
- 3000 miles is nothing on that motor. My RX1 didn't break in until I had 1200 miles on it
- Stock the sled is not a climber (see above point about providing us more info) but there are a few things that can be done to improve it.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
nothing wild.. they are HEAVY.. but will never let you down..

i have one turbo'd with over 4k on the motor and have treated it aweful.. opened it up for inspection.. looks good as new.

if your looking to do any amount of real playing off the trail thought.. consider something else, they are freakin tanks. i just took the motor out of one because there so rock solid of a powerplant. even when you double the power. although, certain ones have had a decent amount of mods done to them, and in reality arent a bad mountain sled.. nothing wild, but there also stupid cheap as well.. post up some info on it.

Premium Features