• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions about 2010 Ski Doo

A buddy of mine offered me his 2010 Summit 154. I don't know the model specifics but its blue if that somehow helps. 2200 miles, 600 miles on whole new motor. Average condition, track looks good. Mechanically is all I care about. $4500

Guess my question is if this particular year was a good sled. Im aware of the motor issue but with a new motor were the problems corrected? Any mods you would recommend to improve the reliability?

I rode sleds for many years, but haven't owned any of these "new" style sleds and I rode this particular sled out west last year and was blown away. $4500 is about my price range due to my location im only gonna ride it 2x's a year or so.

Sorry so long but thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

I am not sure what motor issues you speak of? the 2010 was and is a solid motor.. Pretty much the same as the 2014 minus the ectec. My buddy just got 6,800 for his 2010 with 1,800 miles on it.. So I would say it's a very good deal..

Thanks for the info. He was told that it was a crank bearing that went out on his and it was common. Think im getting the friend price but just wanted to check.

Premium Features

Back