• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question for the handgunners out there?

redlineguy

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2004
CT
SIG226R1.jpg

D
Nov 26, 2007
Innisfail, Alberta
I've got a P-89 that I've shot in IPSC and fed lot's of round through with all kinds of ammo and it hasn't missed a beat, ever. I don't think Rugers are more prone to jam than anything else. Do you have small hands? Some guns don't like to be held loose and a little firmer grip is all that's needed to get the slide to work properly.

S
Dec 3, 2007
Cle Elum, Wa
I've got a P-89 that I've shot in IPSC and fed lot's of round through with all kinds of ammo and it hasn't missed a beat, ever. I don't think Rugers are more prone to jam than anything else. Do you have small hands? Some guns don't like to be held loose and a little firmer grip is all that's needed to get the slide to work properly.

My grip isn't the issue, I went through that when I first started to shoot it. Your right if you limp wrist it doesn't that very much. This is a recent problem for the gun.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i was always against hand guns, but then i bought a neos 22 with a little red dot scope. what a riot! i use it alot on phesants. if there out there out of shot gun range i pull out the pistol. i shot one on the fly last year.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
My 1911 hates when i put in a weak mag, the weak mag will ONLY cycle 230 grain round nose bullets, and even then, the last round always gets stuck half way in, got a nice kimber mag, that is a PITA to load as the spring is so strong, i havent found ammo it wont cyle yet, and even when its not super clean.

Premium Features