• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

QRS tech link - anyone running one?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It looks very factory when mounted, when i saw it on a 14 I thought it was stock. Can't speak to effectiveness, but implementation seems very clean and install was easy according to the guy that put it on.

Reactions: Ed Fast
D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
These were popular in 08 & 09 to try and solve the belt eating issues. I don't think it is an issue anymore with a stock XM. Belt life has not really been an issue for the past 3 or 4 years. It would be something you might want to consider if you were adding HP with a big bore or turbo with the increased twist of the motor under load.

Reactions: dull_skates
D
Dec 1, 2008
I have never seen that one before. Is the secondary clutch tower still an issue? I haven't really heard anything on it in a few years. I also can't quite envision how this thing would mount.

I couldn't say either way if it was still an issue, I'm new to the xm and its the first I have come across it. I'm coming off an '11 Freeride and hoping on a 13'x this season and am wondering weather or not I need to worry about stiffening it up so it can take the beating that my Freeride could. :noidea:

It looks very factory when mounted, when i saw it on a 14 I thought it was stock. Can't speak to effectiveness, but implementation seems very clean and install was easy according to the guy that put it on.

good to know thanks.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
We see a lot of XP's and XM's and have only seen one broken tower in 6 years. I have heard of several towers that were broken because of tower braces being pushed back in front impacts, causing even more damage.
They will also cause RPM inconsistancies with some clutch setups...at least that is what I have seen and heard of on several occasions. JMO-

S
Jan 26, 2012
Sales guy I talked to only recommended it for the XM if, it was running a turbo or a big track (174"). No belt issues on the XM. Add on is more useful on the 2012s and older that did have belt issues.

Premium Features