• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Prolite 900 BD turbo 2014. need clutching.

BD dosent have clutching with the kit?? My cutler I run at 2200 sometimes at home but mostly 4500-7500.

Primary- CPC gold/white
Secondary- stock black/blue
Helix- 38/44
Cpc adjustable weights.

My .02 cents

Turbos are easy to clutch, and I have seen them run good with stock clutching and I have seen them run good with other clutching. It's amazing how turbos work, the key is in getting the most out of your turbo. Trust me when You hop on a sled that you just put a turbo on and did nothing with the clutching, they run pretty good but when you put the right clutching in it, it should give you that "rip your arms off" feeling when you grab the throttle.

It's all about loading the turbo at the right time. If you load it to soon, it will be lazy and if you don't load it, it will be whimpy. So the key is in finding that magical set up between the helix and the weights.
I find that most turbo clutching is way off. I like to load a turbo but you need to let it spool first. That is why most put a 36/46 and a high engagement spring thus you get that clunk or harsh engagement.
Even the turbo companies clutches are different for example:

BD Uses light tipped weights like 80 g cat weight, high engagement spring and a 36/46 helix.
OVS uses heavy tips, high engagement spring a multi angle torsion set up.
I like to use a turbo weight, high engagement spring with a straight 44 or 46 helix.
The key is the weights. Giving you a smoother engagement by letting the turbo spool then loads the crap out of the sled. Result is 'pull your arms' off feeling. Clutches work together and turbo is loaded getting maximum power which is good for boondocking or hill climbing.

http://hubsperformance.com/clutching_us_pricing

Another thing is gearing. Don't gear it too low. I had 19-50 gearing in and the sled was good. Put in a belt drive and geared up. I couldn't believe the difference. It pulled way harder and was stupid fast up the hill. I also run a straight 36 with a lighter spring in secondary. Really like how that works.

My sled is a m but i run 10 pounds right now with a 36/42p Stock cat orange spring in the secondary and mds weights with the polaris spring steve recomends and it pulls hard when it not just fluff snow very tree friendly but great power.4/6500 ft

Premium Features

Back