• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project Skinny. or Pay Attention Cat

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
my biggest issue with the pro rmk boards is the narrow width, most of the guys are going wider, i'm not sure why you want yours to be as narrow as the rmk? i missed the boards the other day on a climb and almost got stuck. if i had wider boards, i would have made the jump. not to mention i have blown thru a set of paints this year because the insides of my legs are in constand contact with the tunnel. i understand your thought on this, but i don't like narrow boards. i like the cat width, perfect. just my 2 cents.

Reactions: jcl59
T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
my biggest issue with the pro rmk boards is the narrow width, most of the guys are going wider, i'm not sure why you want yours to be as narrow as the rmk? i missed the boards the other day on a climb and almost got stuck. if i had wider boards, i would have made the jump. not to mention i have blown thru a set of paints this year because the insides of my legs are in constand contact with the tunnel. i understand your thought on this, but i don't like narrow boards. i like the cat width, perfect. just my 2 cents.

X2. Looks good...Just don't really see the advantage other than snow will clear out of the running boards alot better. I find the front of the sled diggs in before the front of the boards on a side hill or laying it over to turn around.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO

If there wasn't snow piled in there and better traction would you need wider boards??? Look at the pro '13.

You most likely don't ride like I do, where the width is a killer.

Reactions: wje_153
T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
If there wasn't snow piled in there and better traction would you need wider boards??? Look at the pro '13.

You most likely don't ride like I do, where the width is a killer.

i don't need wider boards per say but i want them. i'm sick of riding with half my boot on the board and half off. the outsides of my boots are almost gone from riding on the outside extrusions. i def don't ride what you do, its not like that here on the east coast.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Works like a dream, but on hard snow the front end fights me, not so much in the deep but on harder snow it bounces back trying to flip the skis back straight, and acts like a doo on hard pack. Going to try the 38" I think first and some skis. My be the air shocks with the kmod doing it a little as it plants the front better and I need to mess with the settings on the kmod to see if it helps but I don't thing thats it, 38" and skis would help I'm sure of that. I think I can change the setup (adjusting) a little to help, but I don't really go for just ok, I just want to ride so I didn't mess around much with shock adjustment.

everywhere but that little spot kicks the chit out of what it was before and probably every other sled, (will have to wait and ride with a pro) but it was doing way more than a M.

I had my head cam on but it was set on pics instead of vid, so pretty pointless, pis$es me off, felt like a tard for that one.

got flat out flung over the bars from punching through the base a few times, did I say the stock skis are the biggest pile of chit I've ever seen and the cat guy that ok'ed them I will personally kick in the nuts if I get the chance, you f'ing idiot. The even dart on the trail. We ride in the mountains and float counts, why would you put skinnier skis on a heavier sled WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To add, one of the times I was in a hard sidehill crossed a track and it punch through, practically lifted the track out of the snow and flung me off the left side, seeing how the bars are to dam tall I went to the side of them instead of over and my wrist got pinned between the brake lever and bars and bent it backwards to the point it feels broke, I think its just a nerve but it is getting worse. THE BARS HAVE TO GO DOWN, and I want them forward too. Next project.

You wont even be able to consider this a cat, I should just buy some suzuki motors and build one, Cat had better start making a Mountain sled,

I also wrapped it to help with snow build up, it helps, still gets some snow and I need to open up the front and rear of the boards some more.

IMG_20120228_201219.jpg IMG_20120229_134038.jpg IMG_20120229_134121.jpg IMG_20120229_134132.jpg

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Some pics from my screw with the head cam, pretty much straight line from where I start down hill decent, steep then it looks, and the base gave out half way down and dug a 6' trench going down hill.

The last pic in this post shows the best at how steep it was and its still tilted the wrong way a little.

big horns 2 29 12 045.jpg big horns 2 29 12 046.jpg big horns 2 29 12 047.jpg big horns 2 29 12 059.jpg big horns 2 29 12 069.jpg big horns 2 29 12 072.jpg big horns 2 29 12 074.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features