• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Prices

Smaller dealers may be holding out for full pop due to allocations. My dealer got quite a few, and they are limiting Gen 5 sleds to the majority of allocations, with a small amount of extras that they can order being Tundras, Exps, etc. I hope they don't f it up next year. Who is going to be ok with ordering a $1200 gauge and getting a one-button? :)
I think that the dealers could be getting a bit greedy, based on this thread. With the crappy winter, guys not getting sleds, etc etc etc, I know that I am soured on riding, and that is my thing. Got off the mountain yesterday with poop snow and basically don't want to ride again;.

Everything on the sled is a commodity. I would guess it's easier to adjust the commodity charge throughout the year and not have to change the sled price. In their defense raw materials are up in price across the board d there isn't really a way to predict the cost on the future.

Nobody in Saskatchewan is moving an inch off of MSRP that I have found. Using the “limited availability” line. It’s a snow check, there’s always limited slots. $30,400 out the door for a summit expert 175” with big display. Should drive up the used market lol. ?

165 Expert Ninja Turtle green with 4.5" display. $23,610USD OTD. MSRP on sales price plus all the other stuff they make you pay. I was told there is ZERO room for negotiation due to availability.

I personally don't think it's going to get any better this year. Some dealers are telling me they got allocations for the gen 5 of 30 units total that's all models. They say in the past they could snowcheck as many as they wanted.
Local dealer had 250 snow checks last year this year 150. So it has gone down for sure

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Called dealers on a Summit Expert and five were right at or close to MSRP, one was $1,300 under MSRP and the dealer I went with was $1,600 under MSRP. I am a returning customer to the dealer I went with, not sure if that contributed to the price or not. Some will say yes, but when I was a first time customer eight years ago when I snow checked they were the best price at that time too.

Hate to tell you but prices are never going down again...only up. Real inflation is running 15% and the communists in power are going to ensure that by 2030 quote, "you will own nothing and happy".

Well I put down a deposit today. I had 5 quotes and all were holding to msrp. The closest dealer to me dropped the freight charge. Ended up snowchecking a 165 3" black turbo standard gauge with shot for 19,700 plus t & l. With the allocations, inflation, shortages on everything and excitement of a new chassis I don't see big any big discounts in the future.

You guys are lucky , as a repeat customer I got zero discount or waived fees on a 2022. And no other dealers would give a cent away either. Is it an American thing getting below me to or just bc where we get screwed ?

Called dealers on a Summit Expert and five were right at or close to MSRP, one was $1,300 under MSRP and the dealer I went with was $1,600 under MSRP. I am a returning customer to the dealer I went with, not sure if that contributed to the price or not. Some will say yes, but when I was a first time customer eight years ago when I snow checked they were the best price at that time too.

... if you don't mind me asking, what was the freight, set up, etc.

Ace

What bullshit is the commodity charge.
They said that it is an added freight charge that may not actually happen, but to tell customers that it will. To be honest, I think it is just a way to charge more to recoupe losses. They added that charge to all in seasons last year, snowchecks were waived. But you are correct: Bullshit.

Yep these prices suck. When I first called the dealer on Monday after the release they said they were not charging freight or the commodity on snowchecks. Then after they found out they could only snowcheck 30 gen 5's they said the higher ups said to charge the commodity. I guess I'm glad I was able to get the freight taken off at this point.

Premium Features

Back