• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris dragon 800 SUCKS!

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I personally know the starter of this thread! He probably puts on more miles riding than most of you do in two seasons.

He's a great dude..

If we looked around at most of you I am sure we would see rants here and there!

All I am saying is give the dude a chance for hell sakes!
I have not talked to him about this but I wouldn't blame him for posting once and bailing after seeing your comments

That's great that you know him but whenever anyone posts once and then leaves it throws up flags. At least he registered a long time ago...

Tell him to come back and tell us more. I am interested but I get sick of the negativity that a lot of guys start.

:yo:

63nova

Jun 4, 2008
The flatlands
I was told by a dealer regarding my 900 to go to the city office and file a small claims against polaris. think it costs 15-25$. they will have to show up and plead their case. even if you don't win atleast you have wasted their time. if every body with a problem did this maybe they would get the hint. mine is in the shop right now, broken cylinder skirt. there was 4 others with the same problem. guesse who was at the shop when i took mine in....2 polaris engineers. proof they know they have a problem... acutually 2 since the update scab. problem is they will try to find the cheapest way to bandage the second problem as well meanwile we are all running out of warranty.

So you had a golden opportunity to pick their brains or give them a piece of your mind. Did you? if you learned something, please share it.

K
Nov 10, 2008
800 Dragon Wisco new top end.

I have been eating lunch, sorry.
Any way, I have had my shop put in the Wiseco fix. I have only about 60 miles on the engine break-in. Sorry I don't spend a lot of time on the computer there Mile High guy. I'll try and let ya know how this new top end holds up.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I would get the problem fixed, putting new top ends on it won't fix the problem.

If Polaris had a clue they'd fix it right but they don't. Their losing their asses on guys like this and their hoping his warranty runs out before they have to pay again. I'm pretty sure the dealer isn't just slapping on top ends and not looking for a cause. The problem is nobody knows what's causing these issues. I have a feeling its more than just one cut and dry issue. For Gods sake if I owned a dealership and saw this guy keep showing up I'd want to crawl in a hole.

K
Nov 10, 2008
Dragem sled

Ya, my dealer feels real bad about all the problems. It isn't just my sled that kept blowing up. My buddy ran out of warrenty and had to scrap his sled all together. I is sitting in front of the shop with the motor in pieces. The crank blew on him for the third time and he had many top ends put in it also. No warrenty and no money to get it fixed right, if there really is a "right" fix.
I'll let everyone know how this Wise Co top in holds up after I get more miles in it.
running scared
kjcsled

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I'm thinking about the Wiseco fix as well, even though I have not had an issue. I feel the piston slop is the problem here.

Premium Features