• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pod's or air box's?

G

GRAHAM

Well guy's i need some tuner input on this .I put pod's on my 07' rt 1000 and the thing runs HORRIBLE! However i have the same pod kit on my XP 860 BB and it runs GREAT! What are the PRO's/CON's to this Air intake delima???:confused:

i had pods on my 05 rt 1000 and everytime i would dip the nose in the snow... it would suck snow in the pods.. even with silk screen everything.. i dont see the point of pods.. who wants to suck in hott air instead of the cold outside air??? thats just what i think..

Well guy's i need some tuner input on this .I put pod's on my 07' rt 1000 and the thing runs HORRIBLE! However i have the same pod kit on my XP 860 BB and it runs GREAT! What are the PRO's/CON's to this Air intake delima???:confused:

Easy solution to see if the pods are choking it is to take them off and make a pass, you will know right away if the pods are restricting the air flow. Some sleds like them and some don't. My one mod loves them and my other mod doesn't.

NSC

The research and testing I've done concluded that sleds running Pods have a tendency to smash rocks, The sleds with SLP Pods will roll several times as well, However they usually stop just before cresting the cliffs . Just my observations

Im not a fan of Pods and the SDI....With that said when running pods you need to be sure your running plenty of vents to allow for enoough cool air....The last thing you wants are your pods drawing in to much warm air from engine heat.

OT

The research and testing I've done concluded that sleds running Pods have a tendency to smash rocks, The sleds with SLP Pods will roll several times as well, However they usually stop just before cresting the cliffs . Just my observations

You know bob, this just isnt fair anymore! lol. Im not riding with you the rest of the season! OH! we're done??? :beer;:eek::beer; what will we do when the snow is gone? :rolleyes:

Premium Features

Back