• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Petersville?

Sunday-Kroto to Lunchbox Hill, plenty of snow, trails are run flat though, hidden swamps can still be found and ripped.

Monday-MP 131, Light Snow compared to south of 131. Freezing rain/sleet, bagged it at noon, more snow has fallen south towards Wasilla.

We're debating on where to ride, either Petersville or Lost Lake, temps will be the deciding factor.

Rode mile 100 (Amber Lake Trail) yesterday. It didn't get much snow from this storm. Looks like the recent snowfall starts to thin north of Willow. Petersville had about 5"-7" of new snow as of yesterday. Just enough to hide the open water! There were a few pockets of decent powder to play in though.

This photo is good example of on and off trail conditions.

Be safe.

100_1046.jpg

Petersville, my $.02:

Avoid the road at all costs, there are quicker, smoother ways to get out and ride, without making your kidney's bleed. I have only heard of it groomed once in five seasons, but I don't hear everything. Also, I talked wiht two locals who were going to pull a chained up pickup truck three miles south to the Kroto Creek parking lot last Monday, if they did, that road is hosed, for at least the first three or so miles.

Using safe pratices, (map, compass, outdoor knowledge, and GPS as backup), head towards Mc Kinley if you can see it, Northish if you can't, to the swamps. That'll get you close to the Peters Hills, venture on to the Dutch Hills if you please from there.

Almost all the swamps line up North-South.

The East-West is fun to ride, a few times, but most of the good riding does not start until West of Moose Creek, and that's alot of slow trail riding to get there, but the trip can be fun at times, as it goes through dense forest.

When parking anywhere east of Kroto Creek Lot,it is almost impossible to get through the "subdivision" area (the high ridge) travelng east west, I wasted two days with the wife looking for a shortcut, if there has not been epic snow to crss the creek, plan on going around that section to at least Cat Ballou's, as property owners have blocked/changed accesses.

Just trying to help people new to the area, enjoy their trip.

Did I mention the road is the hardest way to get out there and ride?:eek:

Premium Features

Back