• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perc kit from 03 700 Install ?

i just installed mine on an 01xc800 i bought the kit for an 03 and had to do the following.

CDI reprogramed for the stock 14 degree flywheel
Voltage regulator was wired differently. i took the 2 brown ground wires from the voltage regulator and put male connector on the end. i also put a mail connector or the yellow wire. then i pushed both of these into the 03 harness in the yellow and brown positions.

next i had to extend one wire for the reverse. i think it was the black wire it was connected to a 2 prong plug i cut the end near the plug pulled all the slack out of the harness and just extended that one wire.

next i had to extend the oil sender lines. They where all very easy to do. i just fired up the sled this weekend and everything works great.

NO PAWL NO Oil PUMP Just dont pull the handle while in reverse.

Hank, how did you do this? "CDI reprogramed for the stock 14 degree flywheel"

The 2003 Perc kit I put on my 2002 came with a new CDI. I believe I've got the 14 degree flywheel also but I did not do any timing or CDI changes. Did I miss something?

thanks,

Last edited:
New clutch was included. I had to put together w/o proper tools. Used mx bars to compress it. Worked after a few attempts. I have a new cdi, harness,complete wiring harness , thumb switch on handlebars.
When it works it is so fast on the reversal mode. Just started engine break in. Started on second pull. I must have done something right.

Premium Features

Back