• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pandemic's effect on snowcheck program and the industry as a whole

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
They should fire their marketing department. Why would you advertise a $500 promo if you can't deliver as promised before you even fail to deliver on your promise.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
They should fire their marketing department. Why would you advertise a $500 promo if you can't deliver as promised before you even fail to deliver on your promise.
I think its better to let people know now that there may be issues- it's the honest thing, and atleast they are saying they WILL do something if there are problems... there likely will be. If you think things are only gonna be effed up for a couple weeks you are dead azz wrong. We are in this for the long haul.

My idea of any sort of "solution" would be to not produce floor models for the 2021 MY. It would help get snowchecks built on time, and would be a good opportunity to trim down the huge carry over supply. I've got a feeling there won't be a lot of people looking to write $12,000 checks come December...

SS 155 dragon

Premium Member
Mar 29, 2009
Oregon
Had planned to snowcheck a 21' Khaos for the wife since she rode my 20' Khaos and loved it. Things with the virus put our spending on a toy on hold. Rather be safe to keep our roof over our head. Will see what this fall brings.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Another concern will be how this will effect our dealers. Snowcheck orders/deposits are one thing, timely delivery another, dropped consumer snowcheck purchases will be another. That will be shouldered by our already stressed dealers. Hope they can weather the storm.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND

I think it goes back to the complete uncertainty of the country in this current situation. At least they are doing something for the customer, being transparent and trying, what are the other manufacturers doing?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I think it goes back to the complete uncertainty of the country in this current situation. At least they are doing something for the customer, being transparent and trying, what are the other manufacturers doing?
Giving $500 to people who’s names have been drawn out of hat LOL... I guess that has nothing to do with a delivery guarantee but funny none the less.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Giving $500 to people who’s names have been drawn out of hat LOL... I guess that has nothing to do with a delivery guarantee but funny none the less.

No disrespect but I'm not quite following ya......They are putting forth a 500.00 coupon to those who have snowchecked by 4/15/20 and the sled doesn't ship by 11/30/20, how is that being drawn out of a hat? I think that pretty much sums it up and doesn't sound like a drawing to me? The whole thing revolves around "delivery" and if they don't deliver by the date they are already saying those people get the 500.00 coupon. I guess I look at it as being upfront and telling the customer, we'll try but if something happens, this is what will happen. I can respect that and appreciate the fact there being up front with customers. I would rather have this then nothing, left in the dark and then a big surprise in the fall.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
It would be good if they could deliver in order as they were snowcheck but would cost to much in delivering them

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
No disrespect but I'm not quite following ya......They are putting forth a 500.00 coupon to those who have snowchecked by 4/15/20 and the sled doesn't ship by 11/30/20, how is that being drawn out of a hat? I think that pretty much sums it up and doesn't sound like a drawing to me? The whole thing revolves around "delivery" and if they don't deliver by the date they are already saying those people get the 500.00 coupon. I guess I look at it as being upfront and telling the customer, we'll try but if something happens, this is what will happen. I can respect that and appreciate the fact there being up front with customers. I would rather have this then nothing, left in the dark and then a big surprise in the fall.
You asked what the other manufacturers are doing... Doo is dooing some sort of “if you qualify you may or may not qualify for a $500 discount on your snowcheck”.

My comment had nothing to do with Polaris.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I don't finance toys either. However, I just had to take a 10% payout because of no products being made right now due to quarantine. So not knowing whats going to happen I will not be checking a sled.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I don't finance toys either. However, I just had to take a 10% payout because of no products being made right now due to quarantine. So not knowing whats going to happen I will not be checking a sled.

what do you mean by “had to take a 10% payout”?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
You asked what the other manufacturers are doing... Doo is dooing some sort of “if you qualify you may or may not qualify for a $500 discount on your snowcheck”.

My comment had nothing to do with Polaris.

Oh no problem, I assumed you were talking about Polaris as this is in the Polaris section. No worries brother!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Oh no problem, I assumed you were talking about Polaris as this is in the Polaris section. No worries brother!
I understand your misunderstanding... but you are the one who brought up the other manufacturers :) Post #23 has my thoughts on Polaris offering $500

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
The $500 back is a pretty smart play for us, and a bold risk for poo given the unknowns. It gives you back your snowcheck down payment, and you can just walk if you don't get your sled by a set date. They've likely squared this with dealers, I hope, so they don't get stuck with sled - if anyone finds out how, let us know.

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Polaris is going to struggle. Their financials are a mess. 1/3rd of their total value is goodwill and intangibles, another 1/4 is inventory. It was going to be a really slow snow check year anyway so they'll focus much more on moving existing sleds and whatever else makes up the $1.12B of inventory.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
No offense to anyone, but I think you'd be nuts to snowcheck. This pandemic has already hit so many really hard because the majority live paycheck to paycheck. There are going to be sooo many crazy good deals on holdovers, "barely used" sleds, and SC backouts. I suppose if you have money to burn though....

Premium Features