• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Onesie Discussion

I hope they have changed the material to something with some decent stretch to it. Tall guys beware I still have nightmares of nutting myself when trying to get my old school onesie over my shoulders.
It's like reliving a traumatic nightmare when I think of putting one on:face-icon-small-sho

I never really liked the idea of them until I tried motofist on at the snow expo. I really liked how it felt. I was all for one until I saw the price tag :face-icon-small-dis
In most cases its on par or slightly cheaper then similar pant/bib and coat combos though. So while it may be intimidating in that department, you are still getting tops and bottoms. But yes, most guys see $800 and about fall over.

I never really liked the idea of them until I tried motofist on at the snow expo. I really liked how it felt. I was all for one until I saw the price tag :face-icon-small-dis

The Alpha jacket & bib set will cost you at MSRP $1180, maybe $1080 - $1100 or so if you have a good relationship with a dealer. So $800 MSRP (add $20 if you need a "Tall" size) doesn't seem that bad.

Last edited:
In most cases its on par or slightly cheaper then similar pant/bib and coat combos though. So while it may be intimidating in that department, you are still getting tops and bottoms. But yes, most guys see $800 and about fall over.

I think I am going to try a suit this year. Was looking hard at FXRs suits but now looking at Castle 's for 450 bucks.
Also Dennis Kirk has free return for people who want to try it on.

The Alpha jacket & bib set will cost you at MSRP $1180, maybe $1080 - $1100 or so if you have a good relationship with a dealer. So $800 MSRP (add $20 if you need a "Tall" size) doesn't seem that bad.

Hard to take that bill when my full castle gear set up (pants,jacket,boots,gloves) didn't even come close to that and wasn't cold once in it. I was going to check out the castle monosuit when I get a chance to swing through my dealer.

My only concern is that if I damage a 2 piece suit, I can replace the part affected. If you damage the onesie, you're back to nothing. Pants seem to take a pretty good beating.

My only concern is that if I damage a 2 piece suit, I can replace the part affected. If you damage the onesie, you're back to nothing. Pants seem to take a pretty good beating.

I cut the legs on my fxr mono suit(on my super sharp axys running boards) just took some material out of the hood that I will never use and patched it on the inside with some glue for waterproof stuff. worked great, took 30 min or so and overnight to dry, doesn't leak, barely see it.

I tried on the Klim suit at the Denver Snow Show. The large had way to long of an inseam for me and the medium wouldn't go over my shoulders. Until they have a medium length inseam, I likely won't be able to do it. Tall guys will like the large. Quality seemed great, I liked the grey color. I'm starting to have interest in one too. All my buddies that have one can't say enough about them.

I used to want to try a one piece until I started my new job. We get one piece coveralls free with the laundry service. They never fit me right and the worst part is getting them on. Especially if your like me with bad shoulders it can be a real swearing match.

Interesting topic for sure!!!

I actually just made the jump to a Klim onesie but I have no ride time with it. I did a lot of research and tried a few of them on and decided on the Klim one. I have always been a bib and coat or pants and coat kinda guy, so I was apprehensive at first.

I can tell you this, just from trying it on around the house, its comfortable, non restrictive and will offer plenty of venting. Other key factors include the internal suspenders and the waist cinch straps on each side to "fit" the suit to yourself. There is also no way any snow can get in which is nice on those big powder days!!!

I also just received a BCA Mountain Pro Avy Vest which will go over this suit. Right off the bat I can attest that this combo will be more comfortable then my standard bibs, coat, tekvest and Ortovox ABS avy bag. No more binding in and around the arm pits and instead of bibs, coat, tekvest, avy bag, I will now be wearing the onesie and the Mountain Pro Vest. I just reduced basic wearable equipment by 50%.

This combo seems very easy and quick to put on and take off, which is another positive note!! Not that the other was a pain but again it's just more stuff!

As far as the comments about the onesie and well.....having to no rear door for bathroom breaks. How is this different then a set of bibs???? I would like to see someone take their bibs down without taking their coat off???? :face-icon-small-sho

Again, it comes down to personnel preference and once I get some seat time, I will definitely report back, the good and the bad if there are any???

Lastly......instead of pajamas comment....which I use to say too, I now call it my flight suit ....ha ha

Yeah but stick a zipper on your coat in the middle of a 4 alarm beer schitz personal emergency and good chance you can still get yer bibs down in time to not be regretting the decision to win the pickled egg bet at the bar the night before.......
Stick a zipper on a onesie and you'll be riding home in the trailer!

I used to want to try a one piece until I started my new job. We get one piece coveralls free with the laundry service. They never fit me right and the worst part is getting them on. Especially if your like me with bad shoulders it can be a real swearing match.

That's why the cratch hangs so low in these. It's not to be a wigger fashion statement, it's so you can get your elbows above your shoulders if need be.
Try that stunt in a proper fitting pair of coveralls!

BUT, just like putting your tool bags on over a pair of carhart overalls, once you cinch up your backpack it's back to T. rex arms!

^Just kidding. The last onsie snow suit I wore, mom took a pic of me with my new sled Santa brought me. So no recent experience to speak of.
I'm sure they're really warm, just like most fart bags.

^Just kidding. The last onsie snow suit I wore, mom took a pic of me with my new sled Santa brought me. So no recent experience to speak of.
I'm sure they're really warm, just like most fart bags.

hahahaha . . . true dat!!

i think they look like the footie jammies my kids used to wear. Wont be wearing one of these any time soon . . . that's for sure!!

Wow over a grand, you've got to be kidding!!! I've got WAY better things I could buy with that kind of cash. I guess it's like I always say if your selling anything snowmobile just put a ridiculous price on it and the masses will beat down your door;)

I just laugh mostly because I feel like there is a generation of people who forgot how fricken impractical and uncomfortable they can be. There is a lot of very good reasons they went away. But that said, new fabrics and fits may make them much better than they were, I would hope... cuz imo they mostly sucked in the past:)

traumatized as a child with onesie "snowmobile suits" winter wear, for walking to school, outdoor playing, ice fishing, ect... wont EVER buy one as an adult. you are only eliminating one entry, (at the waist) for snow ingestion, and with a good waist gaiter on a coat, and or bibs, this is a non issue. you can still get snow in at the neck, wrists, and ankles, like any other two piece combo. you go on, and buy your onesies, just don't be butthurt, when we make fun of you. :D Ski

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back