• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oil injection delete

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Should you cap off the old brass oil nipples that go into the case? I would think you would need to or you could lose vacuum for the Raves and DPM.

Rt

Those are good photos, Its more than I installed, I simply plate the oil pump location, Plug the brass injector holes and put one clear tube up about 10 inches and plug, Its just an inspection tube so every now and then while servicing unplug the tube and assure the oil lever dosnt drop.Or run tube to small oil reservoir. You will need to hang sled from rear bumper to fill oil cavity before installing the plate.The advantage to the photos shown is you dont need to burp the air from the oil pump cavity[Self filling system] All ideas will work.Remember the oil will not circulate or be used unless main seals leak

C

cog

Dec 7, 2007
The cavity where the worm drive for the oil pump and water pump is a closed system with only one tube going out the top, putting in oil requires that the traped air is removed out same tube. I also raised the back of the sled in the air to limit oil loss while connecting tube.

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
ok did i do this right? rather than blocking the brass injection ports i connected them as this was how they did it on the 440? i hooked a 10" tube to the higher port. filled the lower cavity(motor was laying down) and then filled the tube.

look ok?

oil_delete.JPG

Last edited:
T
Nov 28, 2007
seymour b.c
i have run 50:1 now for 4 seasons, i have drilled my case over the bearings and have not ran an oil injection system, I just finally rebuilt my crank and not due to failure just from concern of future failure due to 6000 plus hard mountain miles. I am about to tear my chassis down to replace all bearings and add some strength to the tunnel and will take pics and post of everything i have done for the oil elimination. it is very simple.

Premium Features