• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro tunnel problems

any body have there tunnels bend at the back suspension brackets mine just did on both sides saturday working around the pasture fixing fence.i will try to post pics tomorrow but the list of problems just seem to grow with the nytro

nytro tunnel 023.jpg nytro tunnel 024.jpg

Last edited:
any body have there tunnels bend at the back suspension brackets mine just did on both sides saturday working around the pasture fixing fence.i will try to post pics tomorrow but the list of problems just seem to grow with the nytro

What year and what nytro is this?? MTX or XTX?

Is it stock?? Stock suspensions brackets??

it's an 08 mtx 153

I havent heard about such problems when you have the stock suspension brackets. Some have had issues when used with lightweight brackets.

Do you jump alot and have numerous hard landings? Stock suspension?

stock suspension with cr racing brackets

This could be the reason. Ive seen several with skinny lightweight brackets where the tunnel have collapsed... The stock ones are made from steel and are massive. Maybe for a reason....

When I installed the Mnt.Tamer I modified it so I could still use the stock brackets. Timbers brackets looked too weak...

i added pictures for you to look at & i think it might be the brackets

Yes the lightweight brackets doesnt give the strenght and support for the tunnel. But if your rear shock is shot and you bottom out alot that will also put alot of stress on the tunnel. That and weaker brackets make the tunnel collapse....

[but the list of problems just seem to grow with the nytro[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's not always the nytro!!!HA HA HA

Did you rivet all the bracket holes? Doesn't look like enough rivets to me. I have Timbersled brackets and I think there are 15 or 18 rivets.

I think it's the brackets(installation or like up high said, not enough rivots). I had timbersled setup on mine, and did the exact same thing. i caught it after a couple of rides.

nytro tunnel

well i finally got a chance to bring the sled into the garage tonight & found both limiter straps broke so i think this was the problem that lead to the bent tunnel. anybody have a fix for those straps to stop them from braking

ITS The smaller brackets for sure, mine did the exact same thing after installing smaller brackets. The stock tunnel is really thin but was compensated with a really thick and big stock drop bracket.

Premium Features

Back