• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Member with first question

I am new here but have been on HCS and SF for a while. I just sold my iqr and bought a 2008 700 dragon switchback. I know there are some postings about improving IQ and Air 2.0 shocks already. Just wanted some owners actually best and worst mods, also anyone who has had the walker evans and the 2.0's opinions on which performs better, i already plan on valve and pump kit. I have gotten lots of info from Kraven on HCS which i see he is on here too. So any personal experience help would be great also where you found best deal for mods.
thanks

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Welcome to Snowest!
There have been a couple of shock discussions on here so hopefully some of the guys can answer your questions. I've just stuck with the WE's so I'm not much help. :rolleyes:

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Welcome Pure, I have had a few set of the OEM WE's revalved and charged by Curt at Fastrax. He really knows his stuff and rides the products himself on lots of R&D. Give him a shout, you'll learn lots.

BTW, what is HCS & SF? Have a good one. EW

Cobalt 200

Premium Member
Aug 31, 2009
Welcome! I had a 2008 700 dragon switchback and loved it. The only issue i noticed with mine is it was cutting out at high RPM's. It was almost like i was taking the kill switch and occasionally pushing it down and up. That was very frusterating. I took it to the dealer several times and they could not see anything that was incorrect. I did some research and founf that the 700 cfi was running a little rich. I ended up adding a SLP can and pipe to it and the problem was solved. This setup did not require a reflash and it had a good sound, not obnoxious. Finally, if you get to the point that you want to extend it to 144", buy a RMK. I extended mine to 144 and it was a waste of money. With the coupled rear suspension, you will not get out of it what you would want. For the same reason you bought a switchback, the stock track is very good. You will be able to go anywhere with the stock track as you would be able to go with a 2". If you want more, get a RMK. I wish I had asked the question you did. I would have saved me alot of money. Good luck with that great sled. You will love it.

Welcome Pure, I have had a few set of the OEM WE's revalved and charged by Curt at Fastrax. He really knows his stuff and rides the products himself on lots of R&D. Give him a shout, you'll learn lots.

BTW, what is HCS & SF? Have a good one. EW

hardcoresledder.com and snowmobilefanatics.com are two other snowmobiling forums, hardcoresledder has a lot of good info also

Premium Features