• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Boondocker Pump Gas turbo kits Spring check program

Thread Rating
2.00 star(s)
S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
If a guy wanted to run most rides at the 220+hp range and maybe have to mix a little gas and on certain occasions turn it up and run AV Gas what kit would suit him the best and how much?
Race gas is kinda outta the question so if AV Gas won't get him to the 250+hp range could he mix AV and Klotz booster???

Last edited:
S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Yes you can mix the fuel the problem lies in cost VS pain and time and the big question do you realy trust Klotz mixing ratios with your $3000 motor

For example a good race fuel with 108+ motor octane can be picked up for $6.50 so lets take a 11Gal tank and then mix AV Gas at $3.20 a Gallon this winter and if you buy a full Gal of Klotz and mix it to get a approx same octane rating and even doing so how do you know for sure how much octane you have??? With that aside you are only looking at spending about $8-$12 more per ride for 100% Race gas.

I have ran 12psi on 100% AV gas in my Dragon but would recommend no more than 10psi just to be safe at say 7000ft I also run a mini intercooler to help with high charge temps thus lowering my chance of any DET. Also going to do some engine mods this summer to pull more boost with less octane so there are some more options out there as well.

I have tried allot of ways to save a few dollars here and there with fuel even tried E85 as well as other main stream turbo builders but we found it lacking in so many areas that it was dropped.

Hope this helps I have allot of guys running 100% pump gas and are mixing Klotz just to add some insurance and to give them the option to crank up the boost a little but have not pushed the high HP numbers with it.

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Yeah I know the Klotz isn't fool proof and I figured race gas was $10+ a gallon.
So with a pump gas kit and mini intercooler what is the MAX boost you can run using 100% race gas?

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
Yeah I know the Klotz isn't fool proof and I figured race gas was $10+ a gallon.
So with a pump gas kit and mini intercooler what is the MAX boost you can run using 100% race gas?

Dragon can go 14+ with race gas you push the motor to it's limit but to be honest for boondocking 14psi gets a little wild.

This is were the electronic waste gate system will be nice have your sled set up at say 8psi and when you are on the button you can raise your boost to what you want say 12psi for when you need the extra power to pull a shoot or make sure your buddy only knows what your rear bumper looks like :D

Last edited:
S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
Gets you the new electronic boost controller system with LED boost screen, high boost recall, auto boost adjust, and push to pass free of charge.

The program has ended but I pre ordered a second batch so I can still take care of you and put you in the spring program untill I sell out again.

P
Nov 28, 2007
I have an M7 and an M1000 and I am in alaska I may see 6000 ft but that is rare. Mostly 0-3500. How much power can you get from a pump gas kit close to sea level and is it safe? WHat is the difference in power from a 700 pump turbo to the 1000 pump turbo? DIfference in cost as well? I want to get one but have many questions on is it worth it at sea level and if it is, which sled to put it on. Thanks.

Premium Features