• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Aftermarket Gauge System with Mapping

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I managed to get a quick ride with the prototype yesterday. Things seemed to be working great! At idle the screen seems to blur a bit because of the shaking, but once you rev it up it stabilizes. I'll likely try adding some rubber isolation mounts to the brackets to see if that partially addresses that problem.

Next weekend I'll be riding with it for a full weekend, so that should be quite interesting to say the least.

There's a ton left to do on the hardware and software side of things, the hardware your seeing might just be a proof of concept, but things are coming along.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I know everyone is throwing ideas at you,,, but I think if there is any way to show if your ECU has derated power would be a good one. My understanding is as of the reflash in 11(on the 800) the ECU when it senses a knock will go threw 3 or 4 stages of derateing power.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I know it's summer but how is the tablet coming along. I'd be in for at least 1 for me.

Going really well actually. I'm in the process of doing what I hope will be a final redesign of the hardware to make assembling the system easier. I'm guessing that within a couple months you will see what the final version will look like.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
New gauge

I'm wanting in for my 2012 EVO super chute 1100T.

If this will work the same way on 2016 turbo M8000 I'll want one for it also

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I'm wanting in for my 2012 EVO super chute 1100T.

If this will work the same way on 2016 turbo M8000 I'll want one for it also

It will work for the 2016 800s and 1100(T)s. The Yamaha motor and the new 600 won't be supported until next year. To show boost on your turbo you'd just need to program in the settings for the boost sensor you are using, and hook the boost sensor up to the gauge system in additional to whatever controller you are using.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Will you be able to run the Red Pine sled GPS maps with this setup?
The Red Pine GPS maps are delivered as Garmin or Lowrance compatible maps. I won't be supporting Garmin or Lowrance maps directly in the immediate future, but there is a relatively easy (although kind of putzy) way to convert Garmin maps into KML files. KML files are easily imported into the NS1's mapping software.

Basically the process is that you load the Garmin map in Basecamp. You then use the track tool to trace over the trails you are interested in, or place a waypoint for landmarks. You name the tracks that you created with the trail name. You then export that track as a gps file, load it in Google Earth, and then save it as a KML file. Then all you need to do is import the KML on the gauge. There will be videos that describe in detail how to do this.

I already have created trail maps for Revelstroke, the state of Wyoming and Michigan, and Yellowstone using this method (or a related method where you overlay a PDF trail map and trace it). In each case it took about an hour. The state of MN already publishes their trails as a KML file.

I will be working with folks this fall to create public domain maps for as many states and provinces as possible. These maps will be easily downloaded directly from the gauge itself when you are connected to WIFI. The folks that help create maps will be getting discounted gauge systems.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
The display and the mount for the Arctic Cat are effectively done (the wing nuts are temporary). The electrical interface board is in what I believe is the second to last version. It's working on Arctic Cat sleds, and within a week or two will be functional on Polaris sleds.

There's a bunch of software and firmware work that needs to be done, but it is still on track for beta testing by riders out in the Mountains in October, and hopefully will be for sale in December. I'm still planning for a limited release this season, with maybe 20 to 40 gauge systems being produced. The estimated price is about $650.

There is quite a bit of information on the following website about the NS1 Gauge System:
NS1 Gauge System - Next Stage Gauges

Below are some videos and pictures I took of the gauge system while I was testing it today:

Side View Video:

Driver's View Video:

Here's a side view picture of the Gauge System:

Here's a picture of the mount without the display installed:

Last edited:
Premium Features