• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some skid setup advise for a Trail RMK for 120lb 12yr old!

D

dub

:confused:

When I had an Edge I always layed the front track shock down (little different on the IQ) but I have an 05 Edge for Jr and was wondering what your recommendations are?

Thanks!!

suspension

You can lay that shock down too on the 05. That will soften the ride but it will also affect weight transfer and steering pressure. If he is going to ride powder, leave it in the up position and back the preload off. Set the perload on the rear to the softest position and see if it has some sag in when he sits on it. Does it have a clicker rear shock? If so set it in the soft settting and see how it feels for him. If the regular shock, open up the small screw on the bottom of the shock 1 turn from all the way closed.
Check under the hood, there should be a chart that shows this stuff also the owners manual if you have one.

Thanks, I will give it a try. the shocks are the std junkers with no adj, accept for the rear comp. screw. We spend most of the time with him going up the rough trail so I may lay the front down for a while and see how he likes it.

Premium Features

Back