• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help 162/174??

S
Nov 28, 2009
Hi I have a summit x 2007 800r pteck
I'm interested about
New SHR 800r trail mod package for Summits - Includes: HPS can, altitude specific head cut, clutch inserts, spark plugs, and jets. $495 shipped.

Or

The RK TEK piston drop in kit at 760.00
What you think about the RK TEk head and the drop in piston kit(827).

Tell me please what you suggest for me.

Last year i broke the track so i will get another one. I'm questioning about 162/174 what you think about it.
The sled originally is 151'' the cooler will fit??

Do you use to see 174'' how it goes??

Thank you i'm located in Quebec canada at low altitude.

Thank you
Sylvain

D
Oct 13, 2008
I have 2 07 800r's. One with a 162 x 2.5 and one with the 174. They both have the slp kits on them and work great. Over 5000 miles combined with no problems. I cannot tell you how they compare to RKT or BJ's stuff, but 99% of all reviews on here are very positive about them. If I were to do a BB it would with out a doubt be one of them. As far as the 162 vs 174 the 162 does have a few more mph top end for the trails ( which we ride only when we have to ). But once the snow gets deep and off trail the 174 shines. It will highmark the 162 on every run in any condition always. If you want a little better all around track go with the 162 as it does work very well in the deep also.

S
Nov 28, 2009
Thank you that help
Here in Quebec it's not commun to see a 174. You have both! so if you think my cooler will be sufficient i take 174. I'm not too often in a trail. I go with, non slip set of driver
7 tooth and a 174/3''lug/3''drive pitch.

Do you run the original secondary clutch? The original clutch was discouraging for me a soon a remplace it for a team secondary clutch i stop broke belt but it still warm a bit..
thank you
Sylvain

D
Oct 13, 2008
Yea, I still run the stock secondary. For the first time in my life I could not get the team to work for me. The cooler should be fine. Just make sure you have some scratchers for the trail.

S
Nov 28, 2009
Yes ice scratcher i call tomorow for the raill at ice age. What you think about the 2 wheel kit?? is good or not??

On next week i try to get everything track rkteck non slip sporket..
Thank you
Sylvain

Premium Features