• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
So I just got a 2007 M8 and the guy took the boondocker box off before he sold it to me so I had to buy one and start from scratch. I went riding and was trying to play with it and of course the fuse for the guages blew so I couldnt use them, but I checked the max RPM the sled got to and it was 6930RPM I was riding at 3500ft but I normaly ride at 3500-7000ft. I dont know the weights right now but here are the other details.
Sled:2007 M8
Mods: RK-tek Head, porting, boondocker control box, speedwerx pipe, can, y pipe, boysen reeds, and BDX intake.
Elevation trying to tune at:3500ft
Elevation range: 3500-6500ft
Primary color: blue (lightish blue)
Secondary: yellow

I need help choosing a primary and seconday spring color, along with primary weights. Also what is a good (but as cheap as possibl) brand to get weights and springs from.

Also the sled was basicly a boggy peice of sh*t and I could ride it at all, I know this has to do with a mixture of the boondocker box being off and the clutching but if anyone could tell me which one of those would play the biggest role that would be nice!

Thanks guys

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
hmm...well i like the dalton adjustables for weights and i buy my helixes and springs from them as well....
preliminary with the engine mods i would think you should have somewhere in the area of 72 gram weights..primary spring with a rate approx 140-320..
stock rear of orange..unless you have the secondary kit that converted to old stlye..??
and helix 36 degree's ...again if the stock setup..??

as well as for bog check belt deflection..

seems like as well since RKT head and porting you could shoot him a pm on this forum..

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I would start with a compression test and then contact RKT or Speedwerx for some baseline settings. Start making pulls and plug checks at various RPM ranges and get it close.
Maybe start with a basic or close to stock clutch setup to get started, tune the fuel mix and then tailor clutching to your needs.
RKT might have a good baseline for fuel and clutching....something is way off if your RPM is that low.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Is the CCU fix done on the sled?? Easy way to tell is if the one of the red lights in the dash will flash three times at start up . If the CCU fix is not done it can cause all sort of electrical issues.

Rob

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I probably should of mentioned I have an Rk-tek secondary clutch. And I have contacted both company as far as boondocker numbers and both have no helped much. As far as clutching I came to you guys first! Yes something is seriously off with that low RPM but I have it has to do with weights and springs (I will check what weights are on it tomorrow when I have more day light).
No the CCU fix is not done as not lights flash on the dash on start up, when was this fix there to do?

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
get your check book ready

stop by the shop, we'll make it all work

going to put 68 gram cat weights in your primary with a cat gold spring, or MDS if you are feeling goooood.

orange cat secondary spring with stock 05 36 helix and end cap with spring tension adjustment, screw the nut 13mm from face until we test ride and you choose how much whump you want out of the hole

clean out the DD and put in 55/65 bdx gears and donate old gears to cheapy m1000 owner and his trailer queen.

donate can and bdx intake to trash, would'nd do that to M1000 pilgrim
ride careful and check plug wash.......yes huge pain in the azz

OH, and what size of bogie wheels are you running ? and how stiff are your track fingers ?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I would start with a compression test and then contact RKT or Speedwerx for some baseline settings. Start making pulls and plug checks at various RPM ranges and get it close.
Maybe start with a basic or close to stock clutch setup to get started, tune the fuel mix and then tailor clutching to your needs.
RKT might have a good baseline for fuel and clutching....something is way off if your RPM is that low.

The compression test will happen tomorrow so I will update on that later tomorrow. Also I spent the day today pulling plugs for 4 hours and I could not get the thing running even ok, im sure it has to do with me sucking at adjusting the boondocker box but I think clutching is my "main" issue. Any idea where else that low of RPM may be coming from?

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
The fix was a service bulletin. It is a loop back plug that plugs into the empty harness on on the ECU. Every thing from gauges to hand warmers to power valves won't work if when it acts up.

Rob

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
The fix was a service bulletin. It is a loop back plug that plugs into the empty harness on on the ECU. Every thing from gauges to hand warmers to power valves won't work if when it acts up.

Rob

Oh wow where can I get one of these? Since I feal Ike all those thing are happening to my sled right now. Power valves not working could explain my bog along with clutching. And I did notice my hand Warner's wouldn't turn on either...

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I talked to RK-Tek they say to run the Cat Yellow/white in the primary and 70g weights. They never told me what he recomends in the secondary though, any ideas guys? I have a yellow one right now.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I talked to RK-Tek they say to run the Cat Yellow/white in the primary and 70g weights. They never told me what he recomends in the secondary though, any ideas guys? I have a yellow one right now.

Update:: He says I need a torsion spring in the secondary since it is his kit, where can I buy torsion springs since he said mine is way off.

Premium Features