• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mystik JT4 Synthetic $20.75 plus shipping

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Hi,
I just picked up 4 gallons of Mystik JT4 100% synthetic oil for about $81.48 plus shipping ($12 to Colorado) from www.midlandhardware.com

I think its awesome to be able to get 4 gallons of a great synthetic oil for about the price of 2 gallons of VES.

I guess if it was good enough for use in the Irondog race, its good enough for most of us.

This is mainly an FYI post and ask the Amsoil worshippers to keep quiet. Thanks!

Drew D

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Been using Mystik for years. I pay about $18 a gallon from one of the oil distributors here in town. Sure beats paying more than double! Love it...

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
cal ranch used to stock it for about that price. haven't looked for it since i changed oils for a better smell but mystic is a great oil. i still run it in my older sleds that don't get used as often.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I just switched to Mystik from Klotz mid summer(jetskis). Haven't used it in the sleds yet, but works well in the skis. I switched because I can get JT4 at Fleet Farm, just down the road, for $24/gallon. I liked Klotz a lot, but was much harder to get and cost me about $32/gallon.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Klotz is good stuff but you can't beat the price of Mystik. For me it comes down to smell and price. I hate the smell some leave on my clothing when I'm done riding.

I'm not oil brand loyal and will use any brand oil as long as it meets JASO FC or FD specs. In some cases where people rebuild their top end each season, does it really matter if you use the "best" oil?

I think most engine wear occurs from not warming up engine, thermal shock when restarting engine during a ride and not waiting for temps to stabilize before pinning throttle, overheating engine, and an oil cap that doesn't vent-Polaris.

I wish we had a Farm-Fleet store here that stocked JT4 Synthetic.

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
Farm and fleets have Mystik oils on sale every so often along with a mail in rebate.
I get it for about $10 a gallon.

edit; this is for JT4 full synthetic. The sea and snow blend is even cheaper.

C
Aug 2, 2010
Farm and fleets have Mystik oils on sale every so often along with a mail in rebate.
I get it for about $10 a gallon.

edit; this is for JT4 full synthetic. The sea and snow blend is even cheaper.

I haven't seen it on sale locally for about a year. When did you see it last?

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
I haven't seen it on sale locally for about a year. When did you see it last?

I seen it at store this summer.

Blains Farm and Fleet. Not Mills Fleet Farm. I dont have a fleet farm real close by so IDK what they have.

Premium Features