• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MXZ Chaincase

R
Mar 6, 2008
I posted this in the Wanted section too, but Im not sure how much traffic that thread sees...kinda looks crowded!

Ive got a 05 MXZ Renegade 600HO and I need the inner chaincase. Snapped a chain and knocked out the lower part of the case. Yay!

PM or post up if you can help get a rider back on the snow!!!

Thanks!

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Hey is this where the line forms for chaincases? Stupid cheap a** bolt broke off the bottom sprocket on mine and took out my case and cover. Good luck

dootalk47.jpg

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Hey is this where the line forms for chaincases? Stupid cheap a** bolt broke off the bottom sprocket on mine and took out my case and cover. Good luck

Haha, some people finally feel my pain. There is a dude that is selling one in north pole, its in the for sale section. Or if ur in anchorage alaska snow salvage might have one. I have one but I go thru them every 4-5 rides, so I collect them.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Haha, some people finally feel my pain. There is a dude that is selling one in north pole, its in the for sale section. Or if ur in anchorage alaska snow salvage might have one. I have one but I go thru them every 4-5 rides, so I collect them.

You need to buy stock in chain cases Travis ;) Stock up on them for Arctic Man!

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I posted this in the Wanted section too, but Im not sure how much traffic that thread sees...kinda looks crowded!

Ive got a 05 MXZ Renegade 600HO and I need the inner chaincase. Snapped a chain and knocked out the lower part of the case. Yay!

PM or post up if you can help get a rider back on the snow!!!

Thanks!
Hey Rolling, just a heads up to check the dootalk site classifieds. I found a case, cover and some innards for a 100 shipped.. Good Luck William Sr.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
travis i think you should invest into a new jackshaft or drive shaft and stop eating chain cases one of thoes two parts must be bent

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Another thing you may want to keep an eye on is the lower sprocket bolt. Evidently there is a problem with them shearing off if over torqued.

dootalk48.jpg

R
Mar 6, 2008
The guy in the ad FinnO posted has a couple more jackshafts for sale as well. if your chunking chaincases, might be worth looking into!

Oct 13, 2008
wow im not the only one either! haha my lower bolt broke off and broke my chain out the bottom of my case and cover. i got both for 120 at a local powersports store. so i bent jackshaft causes the bolt to break?

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
no, a bent jackshaft wont cause the bolt to break, over torquing and fatigue will.
Travis' sled just keeps eating chaincases like Jordan eats Wheaties. A new one every 3 or 4 rides.

I think he needs the mxzx slipper gears or something, or maybe have them checked with a dial indicator like i suggested a few weeks ago....he he he

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Travis, what are you running for chain and gears on there? If I am not mistaken they have hyvo gears spined to fit the doo's now and can run the hyvo setup like the poo's have. It is rare to see a broken hyvo chain. Might be something for you to look into.

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Travis, what are you running for chain and gears on there? If I am not mistaken they have hyvo gears spined to fit the doo's now and can run the hyvo setup like the poo's have. It is rare to see a broken hyvo chain. Might be something for you to look into.

I'm running 19/45 gears. The next time i grenade a case/cover/chain(whatever the case maybe), i'm going to upgrade. I have the chain waiting on a top gear.

Joe, i know, i need to check them with a dial indicator... My ribs are toast for now so maybe now is a good time!? Dunno tho - one of my favorite riding areas is about to open... :) ???? :)

Premium Features