• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Ya it does, especially the pipe clamp. It rattles around. And then the fish or shrimp or bacon wrapped scallop juice makes its way out onto the pipe leaving a nice waft of food goodness. Bacon is soo good in there, one day that's all I cooked. View attachment 197554.

Had BLT Sammie's that day.

Anyhow, I welded a mount on my speedwerx can and then riveted the mount on. Works very awesome.

Thanks. On all my other sleds, I lay a piece of that exhaust wrap around the mount location and put the pipe clamp around that, so there is never metal to metal contact between the two.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
This is what I ended up doing. I bought some stainless steel hose clamps and some exhaust pipe fabric stuff to protect the SLP can from scratching up. Mounted the pot on the can. I don't plan on cooking anything frozen, so it should warm up nice.

Hot Pot.jpg

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
HAHAHA in canada a dollar coin is called a Looney! hahaha awesome.

We use parchment paper- or baking paper for the oven. you can burn it when you're done. Tin foil is just messy and you always get that tinny metal taste.

One package of uncle ben's microwave rice fits perfect. That topped with pickled asparagus, pickled carrots, maybe even a pickled egg soooo good.
Michelina's also fits perfectly in there.

Here's what I had the other day: peppered fish, bok choi and a couple tomatoe slices.

The muffy on my M7 served up a nice dill garlic butter salmon at 8000'. Perfectly tender.
The key is figuring out if your muffpot placement cooks your food from frozen or does it have to be thawed? Total game changer if it's gotta be thawed, you can't just run into 7-11 and grab whatever. If I'm riding by 9:30, it can be frozen but only fish or taquitos or small items. Anything after that, it's gotta be thawed.

Love it... buying some parchment paper tomorrow at the grocery store. Don't like the tin foil much, but it was always the go to thing for me, that stuff make s a ton of sense, and it's not "looney" $3 for a roll of it... not bad. Filled my buddy's muff pot with egg rolls this weekend... he was so stoked to try something different!

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Check this out, cooked my goggles right on the y-pipe yesterday. Shoulda seen the smoke coming outta the hood. Had them not so secured in my BDX Eyepod and they rattled out. I really like the eyepod BUT this didn't have to happen, will be making some safety latch for it.

R
Dec 9, 2007
Muff pot on Y-pipe got way too hot and burnt everything. Muff pot on tapered section of pipe kept loosening and clattering into the engine bay. Then I riveted it to the can which worked for a while, but wasn't quite hot enough unless really pinning it on a powder day. Well then the mount broke off due to vibration. So now its Elk Brats cooked on a stick over a fire... YUM.

Premium Features