• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Give these guys a try some time:

7007700455_full.jpg

They come with sauce packets in the bag, put them in the cooker, and put the packet on top of them... when you eat the sauce is warm, but not scorching hot.

Also if you like burritos but aren't a fan of items with 97% saturated fat, these are hugely better in that arena than their other ones, and taste pretty darn good!!

chicken-rice-beans-burritos-full.jpg

I put foil in the bottom of the cooker that's enough to wrap around them, put the food in, then wrap the foil around them & throw them in the fridge the night before so they're not fully frozen when we're starting the day.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Hey, just discovered a new one!

I was going to get oven bags so I could do soup easier (not a fan of just putting soup in the thing that sits on my motor every day... kinda nasty imo)

and found these:

$T2eC16N,!w0E9szN(m1WBQP+m1U49w~~60_12.JPG

easy way to do soup... and fits perfect in the hot dogger anyhow!

P

ped

Oct 22, 2011
York NE
anyone have any good mounting ideas for a mountain cat 900 with factory single pipe and aftermarket can? Going to work on some of the mountain ideas you gave thanks by the way! on my m7.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Will a Muff Pot get hot enough to melt the plastic that most things come in? I assume you have to remove them from the plastic?

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Will a Muff Pot get hot enough to melt the plastic that most things come in? I assume you have to remove them from the plastic?

Was wondering the same thing.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

No, things that are intended to be nuked have a much more heat tolerant plastic. The first time I saw someone put a hot pocket in the plastic in their cooker I couldn't believe it, but I've never seen one melt. Don't go putting your ham sandwich in a sandwich bag in there though... not the same plastic!!;)

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

technofunseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Southwest Montana
You can cut the bags in half and they are still plenty big enough. I have a hard time keeping the mount tight on the pipe though. A hot ham and cheese sure beets the heck out of a frozen sammy!

P

ped

Oct 22, 2011
York NE
Can a guy take the factory heat shild off and not have to worry about melthing the hood? I would like to mount muff pot on top of pipe right by firewall on my m7? if you remove the heat shield do you have to wrap the pipe with heat tape?

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
Can a guy take the factory heat shild off and not have to worry about melthing the hood? I would like to mount muff pot on top of pipe right by firewall on my m7? if you remove the heat shield do you have to wrap the pipe with heat tape?

I'd bet you could make it work with your heat shield! Use your muff pot as a template to cut a hole in your top shield with a zip wheel so you can put the shield back on after the cooker is mounted...?!

R
Nov 29, 2007
Montana
I flattened the base plate of the muff pot and rivited to the top of the stock exhaust can. No more messing with hose clamps. Has worked well for four or five years.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
just picked up some goodies for the muffpot this weekend
hot pockets chicken nuggets burretos and some ham egg and cheese toasters and some lil smokies.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i heard to use steel rivets because the aluminum ones will wear out fromt he vibrations too quickly.

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Holy crap... $1.20 just for the bag each time you eat? That's looney!:p. Or, can you re-use them??

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

HAHAHA in canada a dollar coin is called a Looney! hahaha awesome.

We use parchment paper- or baking paper for the oven. you can burn it when you're done. Tin foil is just messy and you always get that tinny metal taste.

One package of uncle ben's microwave rice fits perfect. That topped with pickled asparagus, pickled carrots, maybe even a pickled egg soooo good.
Michelina's also fits perfectly in there.

Here's what I had the other day: peppered fish, bok choi and a couple tomatoe slices.

The muffy on my M7 served up a nice dill garlic butter salmon at 8000'. Perfectly tender.
The key is figuring out if your muffpot placement cooks your food from frozen or does it have to be thawed? Total game changer if it's gotta be thawed, you can't just run into 7-11 and grab whatever. If I'm riding by 9:30, it can be frozen but only fish or taquitos or small items. Anything after that, it's gotta be thawed.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
I mounted my muffpot to my SLP can. It sits at about a 30 degree angle and never leaks. I either use those oven bags or I use parchment paper and wrap taquito's, hot pockets or burrito's in them. I load up the muffpot in the morning and everything is hot and ready after a few hours of riding.

Mine came loose just ahead of the Y pipe, so I think I'm going to move it to the top of my SLP Can. But, did the base mess up the can or ceramic coating from the vibrations?

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Ya it does, especially the pipe clamp. It rattles around. And then the fish or shrimp or bacon wrapped scallop juice makes its way out onto the pipe leaving a nice waft of food goodness. Bacon is soo good in there, one day that's all I cooked. View attachment 197554.

Had BLT Sammie's that day.

Anyhow, I welded a mount on my speedwerx can and then riveted the mount on. Works very awesome.

Last edited:
Premium Features