• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
just mounted a Muffpot on my 2010 sno pro seems to be the only place to mount it with a stock muffler, 9 more days till i can try it out.

HOT POCKETS!!!!!!:face-icon-small-hap

sled 254.jpg sled 255.jpg

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
You have it right behind a large air vent in the hood.
I mounted mine as close to the Y pipe as possible. It sits almost flat so it won't leak and make a mess. Get some meatballs, BBQ sauce, crock pot bags to put it all in and tooth picks to eat with. Shrimp, garlic paste and butter. The list goes on and on. When you are sick of the normal stuff try a Hot Pocket.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
You have it right behind a large air vent in the hood.
I mounted mine as close to the Y pipe as possible. It sits almost flat so it won't leak and make a mess. Get some meatballs, BBQ sauce, crock pot bags to put it all in and tooth picks to eat with. Shrimp, garlic paste and butter. The list goes on and on. When you are sick of the normal stuff try a Hot Pocket.

I originally installed mine pretty close to the Y pipe as well, but mine rubbed a little on the aluminum heat guard on the hood. So I took it off because I was afraid I would damage something.

DAKOTAKIDD

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2009
British Columbia
I placed mine on the Y-pipe as well. It took a little screrwing around so that it didn't hit the heat shield but I think I have it right now. It will hit the shield if I push down on the hood pretty hard. I had to buy another clamp as the one that came with mine was giant. Mine is a hot pot brand

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
That is exactly where I have mine. Works great. To close to the y pipe and you just burn stuff. Give it a good 1.5 hours. I love taquetos. I can fit 10 in my hot dogger (I think the muff pot is a better cooker). I flip them over about have way through. Get some oven bags, you can get little ones that fit in there good. Little smokies in bbq sauce are GOOD too! A smoked turkey and pepper jack cheese bagel is also delicious !! Experiment you will love it !!

One, thing, I would try to get it on top of the pie, just so it is level, not sure if there isnt room or why you mounted it the way it is. It will work, you just might have a leak issue, and as things cook they might pile up in the bottom.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
they can sometimes leak like mentioned so more flat may be better if using any sauce. one other down fall to leaking sauce is you'll be riding along and look behind you and there'll be a train of sleds hunting u down from the sweet sweet aroma of hot leaky bbq sauce.:face-icon-small-win

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
I put mine down by the Y pipe too, only place it would heat anything up. Best thing I had so far was this years left over Christmas dinner, Prme rib, pork tenderloin, and ham with gravy! Love the MuffPot

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
the only reason i didnt mount it on the y-pipe is that the powervalve cables are look like they would make it a bit of a hassle to open and close. and i mounted it sideways so there was more metal to metal contact with the pipe but i will probably try and mount it flat so it doesnt leak.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
the only reason i didnt mount it on the y-pipe is that the powervalve cables are look like they would make it a bit of a hassle to open and close. and i mounted it sideways so there was more metal to metal contact with the pipe but i will probably try and mount it flat so it doesnt leak.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Don't mount it on the Y Pipe, mount it just forward of it. I need to mount mine this weekend. Like I said, mine was tapping the head shield on the hood, so I may need to fine tune the mounting and it's should be fine.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
Don't mount it on the Y Pipe, mount it just forward of it. I need to mount mine this weekend. Like I said, mine was tapping the head shield on the hood, so I may need to fine tune the mounting and it's should be fine.

i just tried mounting it infront of where the y pipe and pipe connect but it hit the hood did you mount it on top of the connection point? if you get it on could you post a pic?

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
Don't mount it like that! The weight of it hanging there bouncing around when full will break the mounting plate. I learned that the hard way! As said above, try to get it close to the y-pipe if you can. I have also seen people drill and rivet it flat on top of the can. May need to do a little trimming of the heat shields on the can but you should be able to make it work...

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
One more hint. Don't run your sled with out the pot in place (empty). The lever over the top will vibrate and fall off. It can fall in the throttle cable control area.

DSC00510_zps0478984d.jpg

DSC00511_zps8ab8d1a9.jpg

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
One more hint. Don't run your sled with out the pot in place (empty). The lever over the top will vibrate and fall off. It can fall in the throttle cable control area.

DSC00510_zps0478984d.jpg

DSC00511_zps8ab8d1a9.jpg
I had it mounted a little more forward than yours I'll try it again since it obviously fits there thanks for the help cant wait to make a feast next weekend:face-icon-small-coo

S

shaneo11

Jan 14, 2008
The Dalles
I mounted my muffpot to my SLP can. It sits at about a 30 degree angle and never leaks. I either use those oven bags or I use parchment paper and wrap taquito's, hot pockets or burrito's in them. I load up the muffpot in the morning and everything is hot and ready after a few hours of riding.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i got it mounted and it clears everything just fine.

Im near minot ND did some riding but snow isnt too good but there calling for six inches tonight! but im goin to westyellowstone in a week can't wait.

Premium Features