• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtn. Top Snowbikes

Clearly bears a resemblance to the OG TS. The obvious questions are: rail spacing, weight, track dimensions, ski design. It looks like it rides like a Riot. What is the plan for the dealer network? Awesome to have another choice.

M5

Clearly bears a resemblance to the OG TS. The obvious questions are: rail spacing, weight, track dimensions, ski design. It looks like it rides like a Riot. What is the plan for the dealer network? Awesome to have another choice.

M5

I'm not sure they've released the weight yet, but it's right at 20 lbs lighter than a Riot3 when you add in the fit kit and chains.

It's a skinny rail set-up, spacing is 5 3/8". Track is 12x129x2.5. Paddles are full height all the way across. Suspension is linkage driven both in the skid and the 3rd shock.

As you can see in the video, the skag is set on rubber bumpers that take a lot of the abruptness out. This helps mainly with trail manners. The kit rides very light on the ski and doesn't have that stuck to the ground heavy steering feeling that I'm used to.

Dealer network will be small enthusiast type dealers, not the big box stores (however, there might be an exception or two).

The majority of the weight is tucked up under the bike, for example the front track shock is 5" further forward than most kits. Even the rear track shock is underneath the rear fender. This translates to a much more balanced handling. Doing wheelie turns and re-entries, the kit rotates around much faster than what I'm used to, which is a Riot 3. Jumping you have more control in the air, both side to side and up/down.

I had to learn to shift up a gear compared to my riot to really make it climb. It pretty easily pulls 3rd in places that I'm used to being in 2nd.

Hard to tell from the pics but is the main frame a cast aluminum or is it welded Cro Mo like the OG TS or??. Chain drive or belt drive?

M5

Chain drive / welded chromoly.

I’ve never seen any Snowbike with cast aluminum before.

Cmx is billet.
TS aro is forged
Cmx is carbon
Snowtech is billet

7887B747-6F4E-47FB-BFA2-245D1DAB6C00.jpeg0B095DDC-9C0F-46AB-BEE9-515F77B2DE1E.jpeg

Last edited:
As always from Allen and the team handling the manufacturing, these will be the most high quality, well thought out, superb product on the market. Real innovation to narrow the whole kit like this! Got mine ordered today, looking forward to it!
Where did you order from?

Price?

so you’ve switched teams then ey?

Glad to see someone still pushing. All we have now is one mfg who quit innovating 6yr ago, and the other mfg copying them.

I can appreciate the dedication that Allen has done and is doing for the sport of snowbikes. I recall when he first started and would show up in our area parking lots with a trailer load of bikes and kits and everyone wanted to try one out, and he let them. It was awesome!
The looks of his latest venture are outstanding and am anxious to see one in action. I hope he feels inclined to visit our area again with his latest edition. I really look forward to seeing and hearing more on the Mtn Top Xfr kit!
I have tried my best to support the sport myself having had 4 different mountainhorse and aro kits since the beginning. But with the shorter inseam folks, such as myself, is there a chance that this new kit by Allen will not be primarily for the folks that are 6'4" and taller? What is the seat height on this new kit?
I have converted my latest aro kit to an "s" kit and have really appreciated it on the trail and parking lot, primarily, but even out in the back-country. All of my catastrophic spills on my bike have been in the parking lot. I've been able to walk/limp away from all of them but would really like to avoid them. Is a couple inches of clearance really going to make that much difference? Just wondering. I'm getting up there in years and want to do this as long as I can.

I can appreciate the dedication that Allen has done and is doing for the sport of snowbikes. I recall when he first started and would show up in our area parking lots with a trailer load of bikes and kits and everyone wanted to try one out, and he let them. It was awesome!
The looks of his latest venture are outstanding and am anxious to see one in action. I hope he feels inclined to visit our area again with his latest edition. I really look forward to seeing and hearing more on the Mtn Top Xfr kit!
I have tried my best to support the sport myself having had 4 different mountainhorse and aro kits since the beginning. But with the shorter inseam folks, such as myself, is there a chance that this new kit by Allen will not be primarily for the folks that are 6'4" and taller? What is the seat height on this new kit?
I have converted my latest aro kit to an "s" kit and have really appreciated it on the trail and parking lot, primarily, but even out in the back-country. All of my catastrophic spills on my bike have been in the parking lot. I've been able to walk/limp away from all of them but would really like to avoid them. Is a couple inches of clearance really going to make that much difference? Just wondering. I'm getting up there in years and want to do this as long as I can.
Seat height on my 22.5 KTM 450 SXF with MTN. TOP xfr is 37.5". I believe that puts it right between a full height timbersled and a shorty one.

Premium Features

Back