• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI (Where did Skyler and your customer sevice go)????

My experience, they can sell it and promote it, but if it weren't for the guys with the smarts to figure these SC out and make em work, there would be even more lost days of riding compliments of MPI, and lord knows, theres been a bunch. Unfortunately for a lot of guys, theres no mod I can think of that is as far from bolt-on as an MPI supercharger, but they keep on marketing it as out of the box boost, just install and have fun. Bull, it comes short of a bunch of components that are necessary, the new updated controllers been coming soon for 4 years, BOV, no BOV argument back and forth for years, intercoolers need fasteners to prevent blowing off boots, head shim ....no head shim, blower oil boils out, etc etc. Its a shame there are still unsuspecting boost rookies that see this as a cheaper way to go, and don't find out about all the hooks and horns till its too late. IMO, spend the bit extra and go turbo, the traits are getting very similar.

Guys Skyler is no longer with the company.

We are very busy and dont have time to monitor forums all the time so please give me a call with all questions.

Thank you

haha here we go again. Sounds like the management at MPI really needs to take a closer look at their company culture. Glad i went with MCXpress

I'm sooooo glad I went with MCX. I seriously considered an MPI SC and after reading all the posts on here and TY I figured it was worth the extra money to not have to put up with all the BS from MPI. Skyler seemed to be on top of things but guess he must have been tired of defending MPI all the time and seemingly not having the support of the company to back it up.

hmmm

Skyler was highered as temporary help :face-icon-small-dis

I am the General Manager and can and will take care of all issues but if i dont know about issues i cant help.

Email and phone calls are best way to reach us we will try to stay up on forums.

5 new supercharged lines keep us very busy

I'm sooooo glad I went with MCX. I seriously considered an MPI SC and after reading all the posts on here and TY I figured it was worth the extra money to not have to put up with all the BS from MPI. Skyler seemed to be on top of things but guess he must have been tired of defending MPI all the time and seemingly not having the support of the company to back it up.

Good choice they make a great product.

Skyler did a very good job for us.

Thanks for the kind words

He must not have read the entire thread. I called and Mike helped the best he could over the phone. I sent my controller to MPI overnight. $35.00. They checked it. Mike said it was totally dead, but they got it operational. He re-programmed it and sent it back. Mike was awesome. Charged me $15.00 to ship it back. It arrived....no worky. Called and an employee...not Mike said it probably corroded worse when they (MPI) shipped it back. This post was to identify if anyone else had the same issue. Controller worked, but would not change settings. The MPI rep on the phone said this was a common problem. To date not one post having same issue. My other three controllers were replaced, but were dead when I turned them in. Not this same issue, even though this is to be common.

Also told that this controller not warrantied because..........awe he!!...it don't matter anymore. the season is wasted.

Good luck Heath. You'll need it.

Better yet.

I'm leaving in the morning for Togwotee. Have about 5 Yami shops along the way to try to find a fuel controller. I'm in your system. Call my cell if you're interested in getting to the bottom of my issue.

Craig Levandowski

or

Derek Patterson

Were both in your computer.

I had that problem last spring when I bought my SC Apex. Sent my controller in to MPI and first round they said it seemed to check out OK, sent it back to me and I had the same problem. They sent me a new controller and everything was good. This year had the same surging problem as the previous spring and no matter what I did with the adjustments there was no change in the A/F readings or the surging. I sent it in to MPI and paid to have a new one sent to me thinking they would credit me for the bad one but they said it tested good. Now I have two. I paid for a new one and they reprogrammed my old one but would not give me the credit. The reprogrammed one is hanging on my pegboard as a back up. If you want to come through Glenwood Springs I have a spare controller and we could work something out. The new controller works perfect....not sure about the one that they returned to me as good....I have not tried it. Not sure how the test is set up but I have had 2 controllers with the same running issues both tested good...first one definately not good and I have not tried the other one that they say tested good but the new controller solved the running issues.

When running right I really like this sled and I think Mike and Jared have honestly made an effort to take care of me. Not sure I trust their testing equipment for when I am 30 miles from the truck with running issues.

Last edited:
Guys Skyler is no longer with the company.

We are very busy and dont have time to monitor forums all the time so please give me a call with all questions.

Thank you

the quote above is incredible to me...your too busy to communicate with yoru customers in the manner in which they want to communicate?

ride with a guy who has a Super, and he has had NOTHING but issues, and zero help despite calling, emailing etc. etc. but oh well...was reminded about these...

apathy.jpg

customerdisservice.png

disservice.jpg

We do not make these boxes or the testing equipment Dobech does. We simply use it in our systems. I would love to supply everyone with some sort of stand alone but not everyone could afford it.

Mtdream,

I feel if someone has a concern they should give us a call and speak with someone over the phone. All the forums we support take alot of time to monitor and snowest does not alert us with email.

I apologize you feel this way we are trying tostay up on the forums it is hard to find competent help these days so we are limted to help on hand.

Craig i called the number i have must be a home number when will you return from your trip? I will try u again tomorrow.

Thanks

We do not make these boxes or the testing equipment Dobech does. We simply use it in our systems. I would love to supply everyone with some sort of stand alone but not everyone could afford it.

Mtdream,

I feel if someone has a concern they should give us a call and speak with someone over the phone. All the forums we support take alot of time to monitor and snowest does not alert us with email.

I apologize you feel this way we are trying tostay up on the forums it is hard to find competent help these days so we are limted to help on hand.

while I understand what you are saying, I also know my experience, and the experience of others...

I called you and spoke with you personally, and you said you would call me back...you did not...I called again, and spoke with you, and you got pulled into something else, and said you would call back...you never did...

Keep in mind, this is when I was trying to make a decision to buy or not...so I was "fish on hook" and was treated this way...unfortunately for your company, this is not the exception but the norm as it appears anyway...

buddy of mine here has called several times, and has had numerous issues, only to get his information from the forums...

as to Snowest not emailing you...it can be set up to do so, and since I think you are sponsors, I am confident you could get them to show you how to enable that...I know Ulmer, and others have their own private threads they monitor on ty4stroke...I am sure you could get something set up there too...

Social networking like these forums are becoming a critical form of service, and communicating on these forums that you "dont have time" merely points out gaps in your ability to keep up...instead would suggest finding ways to let the technology help you...

most questions are repeat questions, and if you point people to a site, they will learn to self serve...and with a good number of customers on forums, they will help you help other customers...thereby makign it easier to serve...

nto trying to bash you, but trying to point out some gaps...and options to better serve...know lots with your product, that after a lot of issues getting it up and working, are very happy with it...so the product is good...but the support needs help...IMHO...

I beleive everything you have said .

What is your name you can pm me if you would like.

I would like to speak with you about whatever issue we did not resolve and find out why your call was not returned. I have a word dov of everyone i speak too and help.

I beleive everything you have said .

What is your name you can pm me if you would like.

I would like to speak with you about whatever issue we did not resolve and find out why your call was not returned. I have a word dov of everyone i speak too and help.

Your word doc is a good start, but not a scalable solution for a growing business IMHO...I manage a very large business, and first started with things like Franklin/dayplanners...but they dont scale, and cant keep up...as they take too much time to manage...

which means you have to use tech like this to solve your Customer and contact issues...in todays world...there is a very small community who cannot get access to internet, and forums...yet they are only as valuable as your commitment to use them...

What people on here loved with Skyler was his commitment to manage the forums...you could guide customers to one forum or another, but then you have to make sure and monitor it religiously...why? well if you are not going to do service on their terms (phone, email, whatever) but do it on yours...you are almost making a social contract for quick turn around...

for me, I subscribe to threads, and when something is posted, that thread and the replies are sent to my blackberry and I can reply instantly...

jsut a thought...but one lost sale of one Super is less than a blackberry and its annual service cost...

BTW, says a LOT about you to have this conversation in forum...and I ahve stayed away for a while, as I did NOT want to be part of bashing...

as a brain refresher, a second different conversation we had was when you and I spoke about the new prologger, and were you doing anything to get it to a closed loop, and that i had a bro in law that could help get it there, we were interested in buying 4 units (and start doing some work on them)...this was another event besides my occurence above...

.......I apologize you feel this way we are trying to stay up on the forums it is hard to find competent help these days so we are limted to help on hand.

It sure seems like MPI had someone in Skyler who was competent and able to stay on top of the forums and at least give guys some communication.

I'm one of lucky one's who has not had any issues with my system. When I have had questions, someone has answered the phone and been able to take care of me.

However, like was said above, MPI has lost MANY sales to turbo's because of getting bashed on the forums. A little communication goes a long way in the eyes of the customer. Personally, I would like nothing more than to have another GOOD company supporting the sledding community. Turbo's are not for everyone...but sh!tty customer service will continue to push potential customers down the turbo path.

MPI seemed to be heading in the right direction by hiring guys to handle the customer service...I guess old habits are hard to break. Too bad.

BTW, says a LOT about you to have this conversation in forum...and I ahve stayed away for a while, as I did NOT want to be part of bashing...

as a brain refresher, a second different conversation we had was when you and I spoke about the new prologger, and were you doing anything to get it to a closed loop, and that i had a bro in law that could help get it there, we were interested in buying 4 units (and start doing some work on them)...this was another event besides my occurence above...

Hmm i dont recall the conversation about the prologger as a fuel controller.it is just something we use on the sleds for monitoring.

Dobech has been coming out with a closed loop system for years (uh huh) very frustraiting for everyone.

Well in the mean time im trying my hardest to make sure everyone is taken care of. If anyone has issues they feel need to be addressed please contact me.

Heath 888-649-4609
Heath@MountainPerformance.com
Heath@ForcedAirPerformance.com

It sure seems like MPI had someone in Skyler who was competent and able to stay on top of the forums and at least give guys some communication.

I'm one of lucky one's who has not had any issues with my system. When I have had questions, someone has answered the phone and been able to take care of me.

However, like was said above, MPI has lost MANY sales to turbo's because of getting bashed on the forums. A little communication goes a long way in the eyes of the customer. Personally, I would like nothing more than to have another GOOD company supporting the sledding community. Turbo's are not for everyone...but sh!tty customer service will continue to push potential customers down the turbo path.

MPI seemed to be heading in the right direction by hiring guys to handle the customer service...I guess old habits are hard to break. Too bad.

Skyler did a great job for us.
I wish he was still with the company.

Thank you

Hmm i dont recall the conversation about the prologger as a fuel controller.it is just something we use on the sleds for monitoring.

Dobech has been coming out with a closed loop system for years (uh huh) very frustraiting for everyone.

Well in the mean time im trying my hardest to make sure everyone is taken care of. If anyone has issues they feel need to be addressed please contact me.

Heath 888-649-4609
Heath@MountainPerformance.com
Heath@ForcedAirPerformance.com

I have seen it with my eyes...it is on an RT1000 with boost on it...

Premium Features

Back