• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotorFist Avy Pack

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Has anybody tried out the MotorFist Avalanche Pack? It utilizes two smaller CO2 cylinders in comparison to the BCA pack and am somewhat skeptical. Im debating between a Float and this pack.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Why are you skeptical ?

I demo'd this pack last year on 3 rides, the fit was better than my SNOWPULSE (which I sold), watched it being deployed, is light and uncumbersome and it worked great. I have mine on order.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
The CO2 cartridges are much smaller than the canisters that you use with the BCA Floats. That is the only reason for the skepticism. I would prefer to be able to use the smaller cartridges rather than sending out a canister to fill.

W
Jul 3, 2012
The CO2 cartridges are much smaller than the canisters that you use with the BCA Floats. That is the only reason for the skepticism. I would prefer to be able to use the smaller cartridges rather than sending out a canister to fill.

One cartridge is Co2 and the other is Argon gas. There is also a venturi that draws in outside air. It's a bad-*** bag.

Scott uses the same Alpride inflation system in Europe

The cylinder kit is $49.99 and comes with the bag. They are disposable so you'll need to buy multiple cylinder kits.

Here's a good review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jInTqLPTRVY&t=23s

Last edited:

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
My recommendation would be the pieps or Black Diamond packs because it is going to be the way of the future. The co2 bottles are slowly fading out and everything is going to a lithium battery with a high output fan. Both brands are very comfortable packs to wear. Or if you just like the BCA packs and want to go that way here is a code you can use for 20% off: BCA1. Or if you want $50 off of an order over $200 for a PIEPS or Black Diamond use the code: BLACKFRIDAY

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Just bringing back up. The bag is quite comfortable. Fits all my stuff I bring with my regular pack and I tend to bring 2 of everything. Shoulder straps and waist straps are very padded and fit well. The small bottles of co2 are tucked away neatly and are easily installed. Put together nicely. I was deciding between this and the pieps. I ultimately made my decision over comfort when I couldn't decide between the 2, it just felt better on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features