• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MOST URGENT: Mt Jefferson Slated for Immediate Closure!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
call1.gif

A

AKLankford

Oct 13, 2009
Wasilla, AK
I emailed our governor in Alaska and spoke to my neighbor (Senator Menard) and told them about the situation. No one up here is for that crap so im sure they will put in a word for you guys down in the lower 48

Cartwheels

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2007
I think I heard that they just pulled the omnibus spending bill, no doubt we we'll still have to keep an eye on those crooked bastards though.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
Is this it?

If so, Kudo's to people like you.

"Democrats controlling the Senate abandoned on Thursday a huge catchall spending measure combining nearly $1.3 trillion worth of unfinished budget work.
The 1,924-page bill collapsed of its own weight after an outcry from conservatives who complained it was stuffed with more than $8 billion in homestate pet projects known as earmarks."

http://www.localnews8.com/money/26162352/detail.html

Thanks for the heads up by the way

Last edited:

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Called and left messages with Cantwell and Murrey, I hope they get the message and do something about it? Assanine is all it is! Maybe I need to call Montana senators also? I own land over there. MG

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Called and left messages with Cantwell and Murrey, I hope they get the message and do something about it? Assanine is all it is! Maybe I need to call Montana senators also? I own land over there. MG

Yes...Baucus and Tester both suck!

The next thing they will vote on Saturday is the Dream/Nightmare Act. Amnesty for the illegals....and our tax dollars going to them. :face-icon-small-dis :face-icon-small-fro

C

ClimbHigh

Dec 4, 2009
Nampa, Idaho
BULL ****

How the hell do you keep up on the **** that is going on and find the time to fight every recreation area closure proposal. That would be a full time job.
I want to thank all the men and women that are finding the time to fight for OUR rights!!!
(Currently I am involved with trying to keep McCall Area & Lake Lowell Area open to recreation use.) In my immediate area 100 mile radius from my house these are areas up for restricted access. McCall area to snowmobiles, Brundage mountain/ Lake Lowell area to boaters,Federal government wants to close it completely/ Just got a notice today Owyhee County wants a travel management plan for recreation vehicles/ Now a notice from Christopher about Mount Jefferson.
YOU CAN COUNT ON ME TO MAKE THE CALLS !!!!!
All these areas up for restricted access in the last year.
BULL **** !!!

pureadrenaline

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
Yes...Baucus and Tester both suck!

The next thing they will vote on Saturday is the Dream/Nightmare Act. Amnesty for the illegals....and our tax dollars going to them. :face-icon-small-dis :face-icon-small-fro

Please remember to vote! We need these people out of office as soon as possible!!

M

miller tools

Jan 19, 2009
boyden iowa
land

Just got off the phone with my local senator he is going to do some checking on it he said there is so much crap in that bill he has not read it all yet. He is going to call the big guy Chuck Grassley and have a talk with him. He dosent think it will pass but he will check in to it. Hopefully us Iowa guys can help
Josh Miller

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Just got off the phone with my local senator he is going to do some checking on it he said there is so much crap in that bill he has not read it all yet. He is going to call the big guy Chuck Grassley and have a talk with him. He dosent think it will pass but he will check in to it. Hopefully us Iowa guys can help
Josh Miller

Yes you can!! This IS Public Land they want to close. WE are the Public, and they are trying to shut us out of OUR lands! We have to speak up and put a stop to this!

Not to mention the off the wall spending that was also in this.

pureadrenaline

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
Oh I know I will probably catch hell for this, but I think this rises to the occasion of a forum wide alert.

This one is just SO DAMN UGLY!

And with how things are going in congress right this moment, there is a very good chance it will pass as part of that huge spending bill they are working on before Christmas.

Please don't hesitate on sending us messages! If people get upset then they shouldn't be riding...

If it wasn't for the PM then I would have never seen this thread and I am glad I did!

Premium Features