• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

***** MN Snowest Ride *****

Dates for MN Snowest Ride

• Total voters
Last time there was a midwest SW ride it was back to back weekends. One in the UP, which was fun. The second weekend was in Grand rapids. Disco was one of the leaders of the GR rides through his secret swamps, which I heard was fun. Sounds like fun and count me in, someone warn the bars to stock up.

I partook in the disco dan ride. We put on 200 miles and damn the trail back into GR was rough! But it was a good time.

I'm still reading this thread now. If it falls on an open weekend i'm in!

sounds like soem snow moving in....that would put McGregor around 15-18 inches if it pans out....figures I'm driving up for christmas thursday and no sledding for me except down the hill with the kids.

I know what you mean this looks like a nice storm coming in. I just hope John Dee is right because we could use a good ol' fashioned snow storm.

It will be strange to have more snow at my house in the cites than at my cabin near Lake of the Woods:confused:

I know what you mean this looks like a nice storm coming in. I just hope John Dee is right because we could use a good ol' fashioned snow storm.

It will be strange to have more snow at my house in the cites than at my cabin near Lake of the Woods:confused:

Over the past 2 years plus John Dee has been the only weather guy I trust. His maps and write ups sure seem to be way more accurate then the guys on the tv/radio and even internet weather sites.

Think snow!!!!!

Well Said!!!! :beer;:beer;:D

Over the past 2 years plus John Dee has been the only weather guy I trust. His maps and write ups sure seem to be way more accurate then the guys on the tv/radio and even internet weather sites.

Agreed, Dee manages to hit more of the snow totals closer than any of the local guys. I just hope he is right this time!!!

:face-icon-small-ton:

Sure hope JD is right, local Duluth weather says 2-4" possible. Working on getting sleds ready at the moment, praying that teh storm hits us with it's best, won't complain X-Rated one bit, if we get the 15-18", I'll even drive down to McGregor-Zorba's (Pier 65) to meet yah!!!!

Sure hope JD is right, local Duluth weather says 2-4" possible. Working on getting sleds ready at the moment, praying that teh storm hits us with it's best, won't complain X-Rated one bit, if we get the 15-18", I'll even drive down to McGregor-Zorba's (Pier 65) to meet yah!!!!

tempting if I make it up....meaning if the wife doesn't freak out about roads. But I get to leave at the butt crack of dawn on the 26th for Christmas in Rochester. Oh the joys of having kids and grandparents that need to spend cristmas with kids.

Drive safe, my son drove to HHH airport last night and came home, and it was like a 5.5 hour drive in the mess, roads were horrible. What men will do for their woman!!! Looks like about 2" so far up here, but Snowing steady X-rated

By noon Christmas 8'' in Duluth

It's letting up but, the big storm is supposed to start by 3pm. I've been plowing snow for a couple of hours already. The county plows hit our mian road. I'll bet they will not be out late tonight though. Sunday we're going up the North Shore for a ride. I'll post afterwards.

Owen

Last edited:
not quiet 2 foot around McGregor so far....no enough to play in the swamps.

The North Shore would be fun as I have not done much riding up there.

But like I said before I'm open to ride any place in the state.

Nothing yet.

But I think we have a date set, at least according the poll.

I just hope this warm weather does not screw us too bad! They are talking 40* here in the metro tomorrow.

OK,

So I sent a PM to everybody who voted and a couple other names I pulled from this thread. Are we still interested in getting a ride together? If we go by the voted weekend it would be Friday Feb 19th through Sunday Feb 21st.

We still need to decide on a place and we'll need to find some lodging in the area as I'm sure nobody wants (or needs) a house full of snowesters!

So what does everybody have for ideas? Who still has good snow that is not being destroyed by rain this weekend? Maybe we'll have to see how this storm hits and go from there.

Premium Features

Back