• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

***** MN Snowest Ride *****

Dates for MN Snowest Ride

• Total voters
Ok folks - this is the Mrs 2Polaris and I cast our votes and was AMAZED that there are no other's that voted for the weekend of Valentines Day :heart:except ME!(I voted for all but the January dates cause family is here from the NW). You all need to get your better half's involved in the sport. Am I the only woman that her Mothers-Day wish was that our kids would go buy quads to ride in the mountains (and they did :):):):):)... Gosh fella's, Girls like to go outside & play too!!!! :lips:

My wife doesn't like the cold and would prefer me to sell the sled so we can get a boat or a Jet Ski. The thought has crossed my mind but I'll wait till I can have both.

How could I forget about Fishermans!

How is the Peir now that it is Zorba's?

Ok, so when did the Pier65 change over to Zorba's? I don't get down that way much anymore, even though I'm a hour North and still live on Hwy65. Oh rats, well here goes. I used to go to Big Sandy Lake every weekend, and even stayed there during the Summer months back in my High School years!! Some of you might know where I'm talking, there is a big cement wall down on the other end of the lake, right across from where the Traders Post is/was. Yep, lots of sweat in that project!! Loved riding that area, go to Marks Bar, poker run was a favorite, and even back in the Wolf Lake area, and the Big Sand Bar had great burgers back then. Good 'ol Sathers Store, and when I came up, had to stop at the Sportsman Cafe in Mora for that Bananna Cream Pie. Today, all the roads that I got to ride dirt bikes on as a "Brock Glover" wanna be are now Black top roads, there are Multi million dollar Town homes, and Oles Resort is a shot in the past!! By do I miss sitting on those wooden docks, and catching crappies galore!! So, in a nut shell, there you have it, any of you thinking I'm on the young side, I like to think so, but body says not!!! As for the ride, I sure would like to join you folks for a day/weekend, what ever. Would be nice to show my boys where the 'ol man road hard in the day!!!

Do any of you remember the Traders Post?

How about the Dollar Lake Store. Damn, I think the guy that killed her is out of prison already.

Use to be some good poker runs up there in the early 90's.

Ok, so when did the Pier65 change over to Zorba's? I don't get down that way much anymore, even though I'm a hour North and still live on Hwy65. Oh rats, well here goes. I used to go to Big Sandy Lake every weekend, and even stayed there during the Summer months back in my High School years!! Some of you might know where I'm talking, there is a big cement wall down on the other end of the lake, right across from where the Traders Post is/was. Yep, lots of sweat in that project!! Loved riding that area, go to Marks Bar, poker run was a favorite, and even back in the Wolf Lake area, and the Big Sand Bar had great burgers back then. Good 'ol Sathers Store, and when I came up, had to stop at the Sportsman Cafe in Mora for that Bananna Cream Pie. Today, all the roads that I got to ride dirt bikes on as a "Brock Glover" wanna be are now Black top roads, there are Multi million dollar Town homes, and Oles Resort is a shot in the past!! By do I miss sitting on those wooden docks, and catching crappies galore!! So, in a nut shell, there you have it, any of you thinking I'm on the young side, I like to think so, but body says not!!! As for the ride, I sure would like to join you folks for a day/weekend, what ever. Would be nice to show my boys where the 'ol man road hard in the day!!!

Hell man that's my life story and I'm 26. I remember Russ from Shamrock Store and buying bait, M&M Marine(pre Wileys). Kare Phree Pines and the over treated pool, 3 or 4 or 5 owners of the Shamrock Ballroom, the "old" gym at the school. Timber Shores and back when only a handful of folks lived off the Floe Road. You used to hear the Sawmill running all the time, the fastest boat on the lake was a 70 horse. Nobody looked at you funny for seining minnows or shooting a muskrat at 7 on a Saturday night.

I used to throw rocks at the old school house after baseball at Bell Horn.

Well let me know if you ever want to come down and relive the old days....I still have a few areas to dirt bike, just not sure if it's legal now.

Was Jerome around back in your day? Living by the Pier and doing karate on the corner by Sathers?

Last edited:
How about the Dollar Lake Store. Damn, I think the guy that killed her is out of prison already.

Use to be some good poker runs up there in the early 90's.

those ****ers never got more then 15 years on the sentence and none served that long. That still gets my blood boiling....and I went to school with some of those guys, they were 2 or 3 years ahead of me, one of their brothers was in my grade for awhile(course he got high on meth and lost russian roulette a few years ago). Anyone recall Terry Pete?

I get to the Brainerd Lakes area a few times a year. Live and work in S.E. St.Paul burbs.Where are you thinking of for this ride/gathering??

Best guess is McGregor or Grand Rapids area, then again further north or Duluth.

I think the current plan is to settle on a date and then decide on a location as the date draws near based on snow levels.

those ****ers never got more then 15 years on the sentence and none served that long. That still gets my blood boiling....and I went to school with some of those guys, they were 2 or 3 years ahead of me, one of their brothers was in my grade for awhile(course he got high on meth and lost russian roulette a few years ago). Anyone recall Terry Pete?

They should have gotten life and no parole for the crime. Hey, do you remember a guy named "Root"? Was shot last year at a campfire by an x boyfriend. I know his brother Jay and wife

Hell man that's my life story and I'm 26. I remember Russ from Shamrock Store and buying bait, M&M Marine(pre Wileys). Kare Phree Pines and the over treated pool, 3 or 4 or 5 owners of the Shamrock Ballroom, the "old" gym at the school. Timber Shores and back when only a handful of folks lived off the Floe Road. You used to hear the Sawmill running all the time, the fastest boat on the lake was a 70 horse. Nobody looked at you funny for seining minnows or shooting a muskrat at 7 on a Saturday night.

I used to throw rocks at the old school house after baseball at Bell Horn.

Well let me know if you ever want to come down and relive the old days....I still have a few areas to dirt bike, just not sure if it's legal now.

Was Jerome around back in your day? Living by the Pier and doing karate on the corner by Sathers?

I see you know the area well!! Bell Horn Bay, Traders Post, Old Willeys, Timber Shores, Shamrock... Those were the days. Remember the old Antique Store on the corner by the river, I think a couple of sisters ran it, and the famous dump, where the Bears hung out? Can't remember Jim's last name at the moment, but he ran a dump truck and had a Deer farm on his property. Last owners I remember of the Pier 65 were Bill and Sandy. Those Poker Runs were something else!!!

They should have gotten life and no parole for the crime. Hey, do you remember a guy named "Root"? Was shot last year at a campfire by an x boyfriend. I know his brother Jay and wife

Ya, I've done work for his son at that house since, It's across from the Cajun Queen

What ever happened to that guy? I know the one boy is down at St Thomas College in TC's, other two are over here in GR area now. Got to ask what the Cajan Queen is, or do I want to know??

What ever happened to that guy? I know the one boy is down at St Thomas College in TC's, other two are over here in GR area now. Got to ask what the Cajan Queen is, or do I want to know??

Cajun Queen is the bar on the y by the Old Shramrock Ballroom.

Sorry guys been a bit since I check into this thread, Busy damn time of year! Lots of people trying to beat the snow and cold.

So it looks like the last weekend of Feb is winning the vote at this point, and yes place will be determined based on snow. But I'm liking the McGregor or Duluth area's as I have not rode much in either so that would be a treat for me:p

I think we should leave the poll open until Dec. 25th and then whatever weekend has the post votes is our weekend. That work for you guys?

works for me if my sled is done.....need time to wrench. Stupid job and being 4 hours away makes it hard:mad:

Premium Features

Back