• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

man shoots robbers in texas

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
:) For the guy being man enough to look after his neighbors property.
:( For shooting and KILLING em. Leg shot with a shotty would put em out of commision NO need to kill somebody over a tv or bag of loot. Like some one said we don't even have all the info. But IMO killing them was a bit extreme.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
Let me say this first why his choice of words wasn't the best i think he is en route to a long legal battle the laws have loop holes however and i hope he finds them . His actions took care of the thief's why it is legal to do so his words will sink his case. As some one said why not a good leg shot? well if your going to shoot ya shoot to kill. however barbaric this sounds its the truth. what if ya wasted your first good shot on a leg and ya didn't see a weapon in there hand? ya just gave up the first best shot. your advantage is lost. among other things ya never fire a warning shot when the gun comes out and goes into play you feared for your life or as in Texas your property. you have decided justifiable homicide is your only option you wouldn't wound someone and let them latter sue you for everything you have cause you have impaired them for life would ya?

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
Let me say this first why his choice of words wasn't the best i think he is en route to a long legal battle the laws have loop holes however and i hope he finds them . His actions took care of the thief's why it is legal to do so his words will sink his case. As some one said why not a good leg shot? well if your going to shoot ya shoot to kill. however barbaric this sounds its the truth. what if ya wasted your first good shot on a leg and ya didn't see a weapon in there hand? ya just gave up the first best shot. your advantage is lost. among other things ya never fire a warning shot when the gun comes out and goes into play you feared for your life or as in Texas your property. you have decided justifiable homicide is your only option you wouldn't wound someone and let them latter sue you for everything you have cause you have impaired them for life would ya?

I would use the "terminology" is "shoot to stop"." I shot him to stop him from killing me, raping my wife, stabbing my son, insert what ever fits "likely to cause serious bodily injury or death to yourself or another". That is what in most states you have show in order to use deadly force. The results are usually the same_________________________________________.

T
Nov 21, 2007
bc
The ol' man is screwed. The 911 tapes will sink him. He should have said he seen a weapon and feared for his life.
The law says you can protect "yourself" and your "pocessions" nothing about your neighbours.

Like I said before, it sets a dangerous precedent. HE SHOT INTO HIS NEIGHBOURS YARD.

You're wife is sick of your partying and carousing. She begins an affair. She falls in love. Wants to get rid of you and collecting insurance is also a nice kiss. Well what if her new boyfriend is your neighbour. You come home late at night .... wife locks you out .... you go to the garage, cause you know how to break in ..... and bam, your wife is rich and your dead.

I for one do not want my neighbours thinking they have a right to shoot a gun into my property or back yard. If it's my TV ... fug it. If it's me sneaking in late at night .... well :mad:

M

mtnbound

Dec 9, 2002
Kennewick, WA
I think some of you may have missed this quote be the old man's attorney

"Lambright said Horn had intended to take a look around when he left his house and instead came face to face with the burglars, standing 10 to 12 feet from him in his yard".

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
I think some of you may have missed this quote be the old man's attorney

"Lambright said Horn had intended to take a look around when he left his house and instead came face to face with the burglars, standing 10 to 12 feet from him in his yard".

that may be true and its a simple attempt by his attorney to show that he was faced with no other choice but despite that he had already decided to kill them and told the 911 dispatcher he was doing so before he went out side

M

mtnbound

Dec 9, 2002
Kennewick, WA
My point is that he did not shoot them in his neighbour's yard but his own yard. I agree he should have kept his mouth shut.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Excellent, good for him. Need more brave people like that to send a message to the fricken crooks that are trying to own the streets of America.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Interesting. If a bag of Loot isn't worth killing someone for. Why is it worth dying for? Must have been worth for Dying for, or they wouldn't have been there. And, why do you have to stay in your home. Why are your rights limited, and their rights seem to be unlimited. There's no law against walking around your property with a shotgun. And, if they lunged at him, he has every right to defend himself.

Dude is probably going to loose everything he owns. Too bad. And your right, the evidence will be heard, and a jury will decide his fate. What the report says, and the lawyer says are both "positions".

Learn a lesson here. Call 911 for help, if you want the cops to handle it. Otherwise, don't call them tell it's over. Tell them you fear for your life. And, tell the operator what happened and that your really feared for your life. Say nothing else. Except that you feared for your life. And last, don't steal in Texas.

H
Jan 28, 2004
I am glad that that man feals that way for his neibors. Did he have to kill? I dont know, but wish him the best when this goes to court.

K

Kong

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Pagosa Springs, CO
I ain't goin either way, I don't have enough info. They probably got what they had comming. They might have been illegals, might have been the neighbors brother takin stuff back they didn't return. might have been your 17 year old son or brother, way drunk doing something he shouldent have. One thing is for certain, is dead is dead, ain't no goin back, and the old boy is going to be tied up in court either criminal or civil or both and be paying lots of money to attorneys. And then he has to close his eyes to go to sleep for the rest of his life and re-live it. I guess he saved the t.v. though.

What the he** you talking about? Didn't you read the article etc? The bad guy's widow didn't say... oh he was their friend... oh an innocent guy was shot..

Give me a break.

K

Kong

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Pagosa Springs, CO
I am glad that that man feals that way for his neibors. Did he have to kill? I dont know, but wish him the best when this goes to court.

Did any of you guys ever take self defense training or conceled weapons?? You don't shoot to maim. and it was a shot gun, not an airsoft pistol.

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
What the he** you talking about? Didn't you read the article etc? The bad guy's widow didn't say... oh he was their friend... oh an innocent guy was shot..

Give me a break.

Ok, hold on there, there K., Most states have laws that say you have to go on the information available at the time of the incident. You don't shoot somebody and then say " Man I hope this guy is a real bad guy". Given what he knew at the time, the old boy is in deep do-do. I never give breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

buck50

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Cochrane, Alberta
Ok, hold on there, there K., Most states have laws that say you have to go on the information available at the time of the incident. You don't shoot somebody and then say " Man I hope this guy is a real bad guy". Given what he knew at the time, the old boy is in deep do-do. I never give breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have to remember, he' s in TEXAS. i lived there for 4 years. they have a very different mentality when it comes to shooting people on their property. and the law is very open there. you are allowed to shoot ANYONE on your property after dark, or if you even fear in the slightest for your life. i know this happened in broad daylight, but his "peers" are texans as well. probably won't even get a slap on the wrist

Premium Features