• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Man, my deck ramp sucks

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Picked up this Mission Sport deck last summer. Worked great for about two trips and then the plastic glides that seperate the sliding sections seem to have come loose and are wadding up towards the front of the ramp. Took a look at them and looks like they used some kind of double sided tape to secure them. Seems to be common knowledge that this set up fails, that UHMW palstic is pretty slick, and it doesn't seem to want to adhere. Anyone have a solution other than just yanking them out? I had to do that with 3 out of the four and it's getting to be a bitch getting the ramp collapsed anymore

ramp1.JPG ramp2.JPG

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I think the UHMW on my marlon is all riveted on from what I can see. I think they counter sunk the rivet head to get it flush.

Might be something you could add to yours if you take it apart and the UHMW is thick enough.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
yeah, tossed that idea around, the plastic is really thin maybe 16 or 20 gauge no countersinking that

Premium Features