• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Twisted rg kit not running right

You think our thread is hilarious, you should come ride with us and watch snowmow. Now that is hilarious.........

Built a boost leak down tester last night. Stuff started hissing at 2 psi on the gauge, had a bad leak coming from the BOV reference line, and at the boost adjustment T. Both small nipples on the billet reed boots were loose and leaking as well. Found a few small other leaks producing bubbles with the soap and water. Just wondering on leaks that small if they will seal up once the engine is warm.

Noticed most guys don't have the yellow blue setting on their attitude box. Shaine said use these numbers

Green 2
yellow 2
red off
green blue 4
yellow blue 1.5
red blue 4.5

Noticed most people running a lot higher numbers on the red blue then what stanger recommends.

Just for reference-
2011 m8
09 head
Twisted race gas with 2876
10psi
Straight av gas mixed 32:1 with amsoil

Shane preset my attitude box when the kit was delivered. First ride out I couldn't get it to run. But with some help from HCM and Stcatman we got it dialed in quickly. Since then I have done a bit more adjusting. I am sure Shane would rather send out a box FAT so he doesn't have to pay for burn downs out of the box. then when you start adjusting it's on your nickle.

but here is where I am now. And they are wacked out a bit.

Green is at 4
Yellow is at 1.5
Red .5 (off)
GB .5 (so green is added is on from idle)
YB .5 (on yellow is on from idle)
RB 6.5 Boost fuel

This is working but honestly I am going to adjust it a bit more. It doesn't make any since to have both green and yellow on at idle. I might just as well add another point of fuel on green and leave yellow off. then I could move the YB up to about 5 (transition point) so it will add a little fuel for my mid range lean spot.

I am going to bet I could cut my green fuel to 2, yellow to .5 and add 1 or 1.5 points on my boost and be in good shape.

Thunder

Also do you twisted guys have any trouble with the turbo to oil tank connection leaking a little? Running the tunnel dump on mine and you can lift the turbo off of the oil tank pretty easily with everything is on a ready to ride. Any ideas?

Thanks

Also do you twisted guys have any trouble with the turbo to oil tank connection leaking a little? Running the tunnel dump on mine and you can lift the turbo off of the oil tank pretty easily with everything is on a ready to ride. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mine doesn't leak much (really not at all). I make sure the oil level is about 1/4" below the outlet of the turbo into the reservoir. And I put a couple springs from the outlet flange down to the bulk head to hold it down tighter also. And finally I replaced the rubber bushing that came with the kit that holds the can to the foot well support with a more ridged mount.

So I don't have any leaks and it stays on well. Although this connection is one reason I don't roll my sled over in the deep snow to get unstuck, Ill dig it out rather than roll it and have oil running down onto the HOT turbo housing.

Thunder

I did roll it over last time i was out. It's not leaking much, because the oil level isn't notably lower than when I filled it. Just noticing a lil oil on the Belly pan when i open the side pannel

So now whats going on ?? get it running good snowmow ???

I got it to run a lot better. But I'm really not sure why. I ended up with

Green- off
Yellow- off
Red- off
Green blue- 2
Yellow blue- 2
Red blue-2

I know it's not perfect but it's way closer then it was before.. I just have never seen anyone's numbers like that and it makes me wonder.

I got it to run a lot better. But I'm really not sure why. I ended up with

Green- off
Yellow- off
Red- off
Green blue- 2
Yellow blue- 2
Red blue-2

I know it's not perfect but it's way closer then it was before.. I just have never seen anyone's numbers like that and it makes me wonder.

Thats kind of how I run mine. (right now I am messing with it) but for the most part I have always ran with mine off.

So with your G, Y, R off, the 2's aren't doing anything. And if your boost fuel is the green blue your adding 2 points of fuel when on boost. And that isn't very darn much IMO. And the 2's on the yellow and red again aren't doing anything because your not adding any yellow or red fuel.

Your running on your stock fuel map unless on boost. (the way it should be)

Thunder

Full throttle up hill leaving 2' trench. Afr is 11.8 at the richest and 12.2 at the leanest... Last time I rode the sled it was going lean when trail riding. Rode 20 miles of trail getting back to the truck after I was running the low numbers. Never went lean once. I really don't get what's going on

glad to hear your likeing it better, I ride with 3 other turbo 1000s and all of us run compleatly diff. numbers I just tune to what works for me and what I like, I have run my same numbers for 3 years now [same sled]

I just wish I knew I was getting all I can out of the sled. To have base numbers that mean nothing is weird to me. The OVS kit I had on my 09 came with settings that were damn close. Just don't know why I'm needing so little extra fuel. Doesn't seem right

I know what you mean, thunder installed his kit and adds very little fuel,diff. kits and programs in the box

It's set at 40psi at home (4700'elev) when I unload at 8000 ft it reads exactly 38lbs at low idle and goes right to 40 at a high idle.

Premium Features

Back