• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Twisted rg kit not running right

H

Hillclimbpro

My buddy snowmow's twisted m8 is not running right. It is really boggy on the bottom lean in the mid range and doesn't run so well on full boost. Can someone help him out before he blows a gasket!

gotta help snowmo

last year my 1000 was running like crap and i found my primary clutch was shot so i changed it, sled still ran like crap so thinking it was a ripped intake boot i tore into it and exactly what i found, changed that and installed new reeds while i was there and sled ran real good again so a couple things to check if he hasnt already

He said it has a really bad bog on the bottom end. It also starts leaning itself out going down the trail. He said it rips once it gets a going in a climb but has no bottom end. Could he be real rich on the bottom? No boost leaks

Built a boost leak down tester last night. Stuff started hissing at 2 psi on the gauge, had a bad leak coming from the BOV reference line, and at the boost adjustment T. Both small nipples on the billet reed boots were loose and leaking as well. Found a few small other leaks producing bubbles with the soap and water. Just wondering on leaks that small if they will seal up once the engine is warm.

Noticed most guys don't have the yellow blue setting on their attitude box. Shaine said use these numbers

Green 2
yellow 2
red off
green blue 4
yellow blue 1.5
red blue 4.5

Noticed most people running a lot higher numbers on the red blue then what stanger recommends.

Just for reference-
2011 m8
09 head
Twisted race gas with 2876
10psi
Straight av gas mixed 32:1 with amsoil

help snowmow

remember the boxes are programed differnt my cutler green blue is boost fuel so i run that at 6.5 and twisted green blue is ??? thunder will remember, seem like ovs box programed like cutler, so if your running twisted and hillclimpro ovs you guys will be diff. on green blue i think its green blue & red blue that are switched around my yellow blue is my mid range transition point that i run at 5.5 [corect me if im wrong thunder]

Last edited:
2ajamydu.jpg

Premium Features

Back