• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 turbo belt problem.. help!

Hello!
I've done just do it yourself Turbokit. Now I have a problem with the belt... Can someone tell the good tricks drivetrain? Riding style is a backcountry riding on low elevation and 8psi of boost.

WP_20140105_13_17_50_Pro_zps7cd6b168.jpg

WP_20140106_10_43_49_Pro_zpsf1fa420d.jpg

WP_20140106_11_35_27_Pro_zps15779e7c.jpg

WP_20140106_11_44_51_Pro_zps3654028b.jpg

So your running 8lbs with out any clutching changes?? You say "do it yourself"?? I've got a 2012 with Cpc on it running 10lbs on its 3rd season now. Just blew my first 040 belt at around 1000 on the belt. Just about 2000 on the sled. Was working it REAL hard for 10 days in 5 feet deep POW. Put a cheap 083 on now an got few hundred on it in same conditions an belt seems mint.

What do you have done to your clutching? Was it a belt burner before you added the turbo? Which clutch gets hotter? Any gearing changes? Track changes? Need a bit more info bud. Have you done clutch updates at your dealer?

I had a belt burner before I added my turbo. Done everything money could buy except a new secondary. Went to a 20t gear, mds weights, Polaris primary spring, whiterad TTCF, Belanger racing brake rotor cover and belt guard, finally blew my secondary into pieces on trail ride up boulder one day, got a new secondary under warranty and haven't had an issue yet. Been boosted for 500 miles on same belt and it looks good.

Secondary clutch has been replaced. Clutch inside of the cpc turbo-mag (83.7 g). Stock gearings.
I purchased this after the Bikeman's 36-44 helix, orange spring and new gearins 19-50. Is it the right direction? What belts are here should you use?

Start using dayco belts, it wont fix your problem but at least they will give you a knew one under warranty even if you blow it.

You're in the right direction yeah. I would pick up a clutch alignment tool and check your alignment. Start there. Install the new gearing and make sure the nut on your jack shaft is tightened down.

So your running 8lbs with out any clutching changes?? You say "do it yourself"?? I've got a 2012 with Cpc on it running 10lbs on its 3rd season now. Just blew my first 040 belt at around 1000 on the belt. Just about 2000 on the sled. Was working it REAL hard for 10 days in 5 feet deep POW. Put a cheap 083 on now an got few hundred on it in same conditions an belt seems mint.

What clutching/gearing setup does CPC kit use?

Larska's sled is stock -13 with updates except the turbo parts and clutching (which still needs tweaking).

Yes negotiations are necessary. Here you can not really get any help because this is almost certainly the only proclimb M8 Turbo in Finland. I actually made ​​a turbo kit, it runs great, I am very happy right now.

What clutching/gearing setup does CPC kit use?

Larska's sled is stock -13 with updates except the turbo parts and clutching (which still needs tweaking).

Forget the exsact setup that came with my cutler. I'll post er up tommorow when I get a chance to look. Pretty sure it's a 36/44 helix. Cutler adjustable weights (all heel loaded). Let ya know for sure whole setup though.

Go With A Team Secondary Running The 086 Race Belt. We Have 3 Proclimbs Running team Clutch With No Issues. Also Make Sure You Have 19-50 Gears. The StocK 2013 Gears Burn The Belts At Hi Elevation.

Go With A Team Secondary Running The 086 Race Belt. We Have 3 Proclimbs Running team Clutch With No Issues. Also Make Sure You Have 19-50 Gears. The StocK 2013 Gears Burn The Belts At Hi Elevation.

I've noticed that the 086 is a bit too long with the tied secondary. 085 or Gates 38G4683 works way better on my proclimb.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back