• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m7 turbo clutching

S

ski569

Wondering about clutching on tm-7, i see some people are running same as stock. the sled was dailed in perfect for 8-10,000 with ovs clutch kit. I got a cluch kit from boondocker that has heavier weights,sping and bdx secondary. I'm wondering if i need to change secondary or just primary or none? Isee the resoning behind it but what about when i'm not on boost will it still pull the weight i have race gas at 10-12 boost thanks.

Wondering about clutching on tm-7, i see some people are running same as stock. the sled was dailed in perfect for 8-10,000 with ovs clutch kit. I got a cluch kit from boondocker that has heavier weights,sping and bdx secondary. I'm wondering if i need to change secondary or just primary or none? Isee the resoning behind it but what about when i'm not on boost will it still pull the weight i have race gas at 10-12 boost thanks.

u are always on boost ! except at idle ! so ur fine ! shain from twisted turbos has the best clutching for the TM7 in my opinion ! and worked great in all conditions ! maybe give hin a shout ! or PM him (product tester ) its been a while but i think i ran the black green spring in the 2ndary with a strait 46 or 48 helix and in the primary i ran 72 gram weights and a gold spring ! not 100% sure but should be close !it has been a year and i no longer run the turbo ! good luck
mike :D

Anyone got any input?

I've got:

9lbs of boost
stock 10" secondary (not 10.4)
76 gram weights
purple / white primary spring
44 straight helix
"mystery" black seconday spring

I get primary engagement around 3900RPM, but once engagement happens it brings it down to 3500RPM. It shifts out nicely, running about 8000 RPMs on top end, but mid range it runs about 7200 RPM until boost comes on.

I'd really like to get mid range RPM up, or faster reacting. I don't really have turbo lag, but clutch lag is noticeable (I know that sounds dumb, but its true)

Also wouldent mind a little higher engagement, or at least no RPM drop on engagement.

Premium Features

Back