• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 turbo clutching

M

M1000Mod162

Almost have my turbo project done just need to get the clutching done! I'm planning on running 8-10 lbs boost I'm riding at about 9 to 11 thousand ft! I have a 37/47 helix and need primarrty weights! I was wondering what is a common setup? I've been told the 37/47 is to much and I need to go to like 44 or something!
Thanks for any help

primary wts. ...

are you using a 3 or 4 wt. clutch? what size track are you running?

ttt

Can anyone please shine some light on this I'm really interested in what you guys running tm1000 are running for primary weights intrested mostly in how many grams you are all running so I can try and get a base start for where I should be at? 85s?? 90s?? 95s??

I haven't tried anything yet, but I'm also in the middle of an M1000 turbo project. I talked to Garr at OVS and he said that with a 3 weight clutch I would want to try and get ahold of some weights that were at least 100g if I could find some. Like I said, haven't tried it yet, that's just what was recommended to me.

ttt

Anyone else have any thoughts is 95s the ticket I talked at cutler and they said I needed nothing more then 85s! Is this true would like to hear from a few others thank you

We are building a new adjustable weight for arctic cat, polaris and yamaha, it does the exact same thing as a ski doo TRA ramp does, we are making the weight with an adjustable ramp angle and giving around 1000 rpm adjustments. If your interested Pm me and we can talk.
Jared
Between the Lines Designs

Are the d&d weights you got in your twisted kit adjustable rusty rider?

No they are not, before I open the package they came in I'm going to call Eric at the Racin Station in a few weeks to see how the mds weights are coming along. He said they will be in soon, hopefully he can get a little bit of testing time on them before hand. The mds' are adjustable, not totally sold on these yet though, some mixed reviews out there. I would prefer an adjustable set my self just because I'm planning on running a range of 8-13 lbs depending on what fuel I have available at a given time.

wieghts

That's the same thing I'm lookin at when I have extra cash ill prolly try and run 12 maybe more but would also like to be able to run low enough to run pump gas! Lookin at the d&d magna force adjustables they have a 81 to 96 or a 85 to 102! Not sure which to get? Are these good choice for a turbo app? Which set the 81-96 or 85-102? Travis at Ovs told me I would want as high as I could get using the three tower! I called d&d to get there info nobody knew much about the turbo1000 they gave me glen halls number but no answer. Leaning towards d&d because both twisted and Ovs both use them (in my opinion the to best kits on the 1000)
Any Thoughts????? Thank you for all the input please keep it comin

Last edited:
That's the same thing I'm lookin at when I have extra cash ill prolly try and run 12 maybe more but is also like to be able to run low enough to run pump gas! Lookin at the d&d magna force adjustables they have a 81 to 96 or a 85 to 102! Not sure which to get? Are these good choice for a turbo app? Which set the 81-96 or 85-102?
Thoughts????? Thank you for all the input please keep it comin
thats what i am running in mine, 93 grams or 96, can't remember.

Clutching

You helix will work not what I would run but will work.
I would run about 90-93 G weights I have a turbo weight designed for them
185-285 primary
straight 46
But try your secondary first

Almost have my turbo project done just need to get the clutching done! I'm planning on running 8-10 lbs boost I'm riding at about 9 to 11 thousand ft! I have a 37/47 helix and need primarrty weights! I was wondering what is a common setup? I've been told the 37/47 is to much and I need to go to like 44 or something!
Thanks for any help

09 pgm1000 Turbo. 3K @ 5psi. 7900 rpm with 85dd heavy tip weights. 140~290 primary spring. Orange secondary. Same rpm with both 36~46 Bdx helix and straight 40 cat helix. Broke both helixes in three rides... Anyone want to sell a helix or some heavier weights? I want closer to 7500 rpm

Premium Features

Back